War Eagle Boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by jjfisher666, Jan 27, 2009.

1. jjfisher666

jjfisher666 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    any feedback on these ,how about Xpress

hd20cc

2. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    From what I've heard from friends of mine who own them you can't go wrong wrong with either one of em. They are both all welded and built out of heavy gauge alluminum. The war eagle may be a little more expensive than the express though. Another option you may wanna check out is F&F boats. They are built right down the street from war eagle in Monticello, Ark. My dad has had one for about 10 years without a single problem out of it and I bought one last year. Those things are built like tanks and they will build em to whatever specs you can think of for a price that is more than fair. PM me if you would like a phone number. As far as the war eagle and the express, I think you will be happy with either one you choose.

3. Nomdic1

Nomdic1 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Also take a look at Seaark.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I had a 2072-LDSV with a 140 Suzuki. Great boat I bought it new in Sept 02 and fished out of it until about a year ago. And did great even when selling it. I may have lost $4000 on that boat from 02 unit 08.
    Also had a 754-SDV at the same time it was also a great boat. The only reason I got rid of both of them, Was the ride. My back could not handle the ride.
    Sold both and bought a Lund 1825 Pro Guide Tiller boat with a 90 Hp Tiller motor. I would also look at the Sea-Ark with the 15 degree hull. As the ride would be better.
    But you may not be looking for the best ride. If so it hard to go wrong with the War-Eagle.
    Also someone posted above about the War-Eagle being more then a Express. I looked at both when buying the 20ft War-Eagle and if each hull had the same options the Express was priced higher to me on both the 20ft model and also the 17 ft model, Remember War-Eagle builds them the way you won't it not the way they make it.
    If my war-eagle would have had a 15 degree hull. I would have ran it untill if fell apart or I died. And I think it will still be floating when I am gone.,

Pete

5. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    A friend of mine has an 18' War Eagle and I almost bought a 20' until I found Sea Ark. I love my Sea Ark but War Eagle makes a great boat if it's equipped the way you want it. My friend has the standard .100 hull with a center console and he has beat the living crap out of that boat and it just keeps on going. They are tough. If your comparing hulls straight up Sea Ark runs a .125 thick hull on many of their models standard whereas .125 is an option on War Eagle.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Also forgot to add this in the above post. Check the warranty, War-eagle is just a short one. Sea-ark is Or was lifetime on the hull.
    Also my Lund has a lifetime warranty.
    Pete

7. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    Warranties are most times worth less than the piece of paper printed on. Sea Ark has a lifetime warranty against a hull puncture which after reading their terms is useless as Sea Ark can state the puncture was caused by abuse...read WHAT IS NOT COVERED. "Hull puncture warranty does not include weld failures, frame deformation, or catastrophic groundings."

War Eagle has a 2 year warranty I believe, which has it's share of stipulations leaving it up to War Eagle to make the call on what is really covered and what is not.

8. Riprap

Riprap New Member

State:
    Monticello
    I have a 1993 wareagle 1542, the front eye broke loose about 4 years ago, wareagle fixed it free of charge if when delivered it to their factory in Monticello, Ar. But seark makes a fine boat also