wapakoneta

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hoosiercatguy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. hoosiercatguy

hoosiercatguy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    any good places for flathead near wapak i have family there and alays like to go to new places

2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Idont know of any spots. But someone on here will.
    Welcome to the site.Theres alot of good Info on here!

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    grand lake st. marys or indian lake up that way is very good as well as the great miami river good luck

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i agree your best bet would be grand lake. loads of eater channels in there. also numerouse small rivers that surely hold a few smaller cats.

5. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    i've fished grand lake and indian a lot. grand is definately best for cats in my opinion. Never seena flat come out of there tho, not saying it hasn't, i just haven't seen it. I've heard of a decent blue and channel now and then, but mostly a ton of eater fish. Soon as ice is off I'll be back home in Lima and heading down there to try a few of my places.

6. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    people say the channels are slowly starting to bite at indian lake, I'm going to Grand Lake St Mary's this weekend probably, ice should be off, cut shad fished shallow, the channels tear it up.....

7. Katslayeroh

Katslayeroh New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fish the auglaize in wapak below the dam at night. People dont realize just how many cat are in there. Few weeks back i landed an almost 21# channel on chicken liver.Catch a lot on cut blue gill also. Also theres quite a few flatheads there if you can get past all the snappers.They range anywhere from 5# to 18#.Use green sunfish,rock bass and shiners. I fish there almost every day.Get with me and ill show you how we do it here

8. Light

Light New Member

State:
    Ohio
    headin to the dam tonite witha few buddies. Maybe we'll see ya there