Wanting to fish the Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by skipjackking, May 30, 2007.

1. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I always wanted to R&R the Missouri but i dont have a boat and my buddys either wont take their boat out on the missouri or they have very limited time.So i thought i would look to the help of my other fellow BOC members.Id like to learn how to fish the missouri that way if I ever get a boat well u know.And i could finally see what its like to be out on the Big Muddy. Im not a bumb i will help out on everything.Thanx:smile2:

2. UncleDave

UncleDave New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah! I have the same problem. Anyone interested in a fishing buddy out of Jeff City??????

One of the forums I'm on has a fishing buddy section, that's what they need here.

3. Moallen

Moallen New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey guys, I am retired and can go fishing anytime, I just don't have anyone to go with.Everyone I know are either to busy or to old to go.
    Allen

4. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do u live close to columbia Mo?

5. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Guys it is nice to see you all on here, i live in California Mo, which isnt to far from Jeff City or Columbia. I dont get to take the boat on the river much but i still fish from the bank, would gladly go fishin any time, just shoot me a pm.

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Hey ethan ,i will be getting ahold of you if the river ever goes down alittle and we will head to boonville,maybe we can get troy and jim to head out too

7. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Sounds good Robert, cant wait to go out and try to catch that big one.

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I live about an hour east of Jeff City. I wouldn't mind getting with some of you guys around there for a trip sometime. It's hard to get anybody around here to go fishing with me anyhow because I fish all day when I go and they always just want to fish for a few hours. :confused2:

9. shopteacher

shopteacher New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am new to the BOC but I have alreay learned so much from all the posts. Thank you

Seth, I am in the Kansas City area and won't be able to take you out, but I would like to point out one thing. You don't need a boat to catch cats in the Mighty MO. I have caught several nice cats from the bank. Three over 30lbs and bunches around 20 all from the bank. I now have a boat but still bank fish when time is short or don't have enough gas money!

Start walking... yep, walk the bank CAREFULLY and look behind and above wingdams. Try different weights until you can hold in the current. One thing I learned early, you don't have to cast accross the river to be in a honey hole. Two 30 pound blues came from a cast that was 20 feet from the bank.

Above all be careful and give it a shot. You will not catch any cats sitting on the pourch wishing... go fishing.

10. UncleDave

UncleDave New Member

State:
    Missouri
    HEY! Wait a minute...who the hell is seth, tom, dick, jerry, johann, pickle pete, kamasenutu and whoever?!?!? I know there is a brotherhood of you guys that know each other and go fishing with each other, but I've joined this brotherhood too! Where are we and what's going on???

BTW...I'm a chef at a local STEAKHOUSE in jeff, and I'd be more than willing to trade food for fuel! (maybe some martinis too, but I'm not promising anything)