Wanting to fish Dan River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tubby Catfishin, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Hey guys Im new to the BOC but i really enjoy readin all of yalls post and threads! Im thinkin bout takin a trip up to the Dan river in Reidsville and try catchin some good cats there! Ne pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thnx

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I've fished it once, but I was very unprepared to fish for cats. It looks good, real good. I dunno if there are any big cats, but a friend of my brother catches a bunch of smaller eater size cats. He just used worms and livers. If you go I would look for the holes that are slightly deeper than the rest of the river. That's where I caught every fish I caught when I went. Like I said I didn't get any cats, but I know they are in there and the river is a very neat place to fish. Good luck man.

3. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    dan river from danville to kerr lake is where the big ones are...the best big flathead spot in va by the citations va. gives out...big blues and channels also.......above danville and there are not many flatheads and blues...yet......a few but not many.......great river.....my second favorite river for cats......mack

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, I was right in Danville when I was fishing. The river was pretty small, I don't see it having many big cats up that way, but I'm sure that if it gets a little bigger there will be some nice ones.

5. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    thnx guys i really appreciate the imfo!! It'll be a couple weeks b4 i get the chance to go.... my grandmother just passed so...... but ill let u huys know how i do!! Thanks again guys!!!

6. gatecitycattin

gatecitycattin New Member

State:
    nc
    definitely hit it up down by kerr lake anywhere above that it is too polluted and snaggy. tight lines!