wanting to buy boat next year ??

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Apache Flats, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I would appreciate any input or reccomendations. I want to get a pontoon and these are the things I want in the boat and what it will be used for. #1 minimum 24ft #2 big enough engine to pull a skier easily #3 enough room for 4 people to sleep on #4 will be used primarily as a cat boat. Things that I would like to add to the boat. 100 gallon live well that is flush to the floor, two bait tanks one for baitfish and one for minnows. I know I would have to have someone modify a 100 gallon live well in the boat has anyone else done this? Thanks and if you know brand and model of pontoon that can be converted the easiest.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Interesting idea about a "flush to the floor" 100 gallon live well. Got my wheels turning here. Might could just pull that off with a pontoon.
    Bill in SC

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    with all that wieght i would get a tri toon

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ARE YOU GONNA BE PULLING THE SKIER WITH THE LIVEWELL FULL? IF SO,YOU WILL NEED A PRETTY STOUT MOTOR. MY BUDDY PULLS HIS WIFE SKIING WITH A 24FT. WITH A 90 HORSE. WITH THE ADDED WEIGHT OF THAT LIVEWELL,YOU MAY NEED THE MAX. HP RATING. PROBABLY 115 HP OR MORE. JUST A THOUGHT. WATER WEIGHS ABOUT 8.34 POUNDS. FULLOF WATER,THATS 834 POUNDS. JUST MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE CAPACITY OF THE BOAT. ALSO THINK ABOUT HOW THE BOAT WILL HANDLE. IT'S GONNA RIDE LOWER IN THE WATER. JUST A THOUGHT. IF YOU DO IT,POST SOME PICS.

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az

The live well will only be full when I'm fishing either alone or with a few fishin buddies. When I have the family with me it wont have any water in it while pulling a skier or two. It's really only for keeping fish in overnight and taking pictures in the morning. Maybe it is a little to big I'm still thinking about it. I might do a 60 gallon instead, I dont really know just throwing out ideas. I have a year to think on exactly what I need that's why I am trying to get as much info now. I will try very hard not to make a big mistake in what I get. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. :wink:

6. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    These are the best rated pontoon boats around here, not sure if they sell them where you are. They look really nice. Hope this helps.

http://www.manitouboats.com/main/