Wanting a new fish finder

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by turtle, Aug 19, 2006.

1. turtle

turtle New Member

State:
    Mo
    Hello everyone. I have a eagle cuda fish finder and im wanting to get something a little better but i dont want to spend over $200.00 dollars any suggestions on something in that price range. Thanks for the info

2. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    I would suggest waiting til late fall/next spring when new stuff comes out or add anyother 75.00 now and get a lowrance x125. 125 is 480x480 and is all i would ever need for freshwater.

I have an x85 thats worked for last 6yrs for me to graph my big cats before I caught them. In hindsight the x85 was plenty good-didnt need the 125, but do like some of the improved features.

my 2cents

3. fastalker

fastalker New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I have been looking hard at fishfinders and have come to the concusion that the eagke fisheasy 320c is a good buy for the money. It is a color screen and can be bought for $199 at dicks sporting goods, maybe cheaper online.

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I just purchased, well about a month ago, the Hummingbird 565. It was under $200, and a definite improvement over my original. Much better graphics and has more add ons if needed.

5. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    watch what you get with the color ones, somtimes thats all you pay for. Nothing wrong with grayscale screens.

6. Winkstr

Winkstr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I purchased the fisheasy 320c by eagle reacently and am happy with it. I have found that the pins where the combo power and transducer plug into are a little on the week side. you must make sure you get the plug line up before pushing it in. We had one of the pins bend on our last outing and didn't even know it. The finder worked and then it didn't, it blew a fuse after a hard jolt from an unexpected wave---shook me up as well as the depth finder. after unplugging the power / transducer cord found that one of the pinds didn't line up when plugged in. Re-aligned the pin, put in a new fuse and unit working fine since then. Just make sure you do not have to force the plun in, if you do it's not lined up! The unit has a small display and is easy to read in direct sun light, displays the bottom very well and still learning to tweek the unit in manual mode, but works very well for the price that we paid. (149.00 bps special)

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have been waitiing for the price to come down on the side view finders. Still costing around 2000. Some day
    Bill

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Got a sales sheet from cabela's today, and they have some pretty good pricing on some of their sonars. Check out their bargain bin

9. Frostman

Frostman New Member

State:
    Kershaw, SC
    I have the Eagle 320. It's doing a good job for me. The previous post about the pins is spot on. Just be careful when plugging it in to make sure thei pins line up.