Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

WANTED OLD LEAD SHOT

6K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  Jesse168 
#1 ·
I am looking for some BB size lead shot. If anyone has any or any old shotgun shells loaded with the lead BB shot please contact me. The lead BB is not made any more as far as I know. I have a special project that I need that size shot for...not shooting. BB size shot is suppose to be .180 diameter. Since the mandatory use of steel shot the largest lead shot allowed is #4 so there is no use for lead BB shot for hunting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#15 ·
Jimmy you know I don't hound this site like you do. It takes me a couple of days to repost on this site.

BillSki I would like to get a bag at least from you. I don't want to hoard all of it. I believe in sharing.

Jesse

#16 ·
Being retired for 8 years leaves me lots of time for computer work, mostly checking forums I belong to.
Got to work the garden in sections since it takes a week or more to plant it all. Got rain in the forecast for next few days and don't dare getting the disk in there and have to wait a week for it to dry up enough to get back in.

#17 ·
Jimmy
I tried calling you and tried to get you to call me. I was going to tell you I retired the end of January this year.
I don't get the big disability check you do. I am still trying to figure how to make ends meet on SS check.
One way is that I'm back working on small outboard motors again. So far I have a 25 hp, 15 hp, 9 1/2, 3 hp evinrudes/johnsons restored for sale....and am working on a 15 hp electric start evinrude.

#18 ·
The SS check doesn't make it for sure. It does allow you to find other income. This disability check won't allow extra income. I get a small check from my mom's account twice per year. Everytime it's deposited I get a call wanting to know if I'm working.
Are you listing those motors online, what sites?

#19 ·
Jimmy I haven't advertised them anywhere yet. Just going by word of mouth to friends. Just bought another 9 1/2 hp Johnson yesterday that has been setting up for a while... when I get through with it it'll run like a new one. So far I'm having more problems finding gas tanks for my motors than anything else.

#23 ·
We were at the Hernando walmart today. 3 3 gallon flat tanks @ $42. 8 6 gallon tanks @ $48. 1 12 gallon tank @ $104. The Johnson hose/pump kit was $50. It was raining last week so I didn't get to the Horn Lake walmart. We won't go to the Southaven walmart.
Remember we have .07 tax compared to .095 tax up there.

#24 ·
We were at the Hernando walmart today. 3 3 gallon flat tanks @ $42. 8 6 gallon tanks @ $48. 1 12 gallon tank @ $104. The Johnson hose/pump kit was $50. It was raining last week so I didn't get to the Horn Lake walmart. We won't go to the Southaven walmart.
Remember we have .07 tax compared to .095 tax up there.
Jimmy I can get them that cheap at Sanford Marine where I work. Only a dollar or 2 difference for cost.

#25 ·
I forgot about Chuck's Marine at Nesbit going out at auction during April, can't remember the date. We had something going on so I didn't go. Might could have picked up some deals then.
Got to know prices before going to one or can over bid on some items for sure. The auction I go to had 12 Colt SCHP 9mm 20 rd box. The bid got to $12, seller said he needed $18, a few boxes were sold. I checked online later, they retail for $13.99 and on sale at different vendors at $9, $8.50, $8, $7.60 and $6.70. One vendor offered free shipping with a 5 case order.

#26 ·
Jimmy I'M looking for some good used plastic tanks for no more than $10 each. I'll find them as soon as the garage sales get going around here. Of course like we said before SS check doesn't go far so have to work those deals.
I had to stop work at the boat shop so I can get work done on my Dad's house so I can sell it. That was the agreement we I made with them before I started. When the weather got better I would stop work and start back on Dad's house until I sell it. Now I need to find someone to help with the outside painting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.