WANTED.... 50 YARD BITE INDICATOR FOR MY CATFISH DOCK BITES?????

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SCUBACATFISHMAN, Jul 13, 2020.

1. SCUBACATFISHMAN

SCUBACATFISHMAN Active Member

State:
    Santee, SC
    Name:
    Dan Brothers
    I posted awhile back in another thread of mine about installing the light bulb on my dock that notifies me of a catfish on a rod.... BUT.... I now need something better than just the light. I need a wireless signal that activates at the light and sounds a small noise inside my house... it's about 50 yards distance. Does anyone have any ideas how I could rig that up? thanks..Dan

Herbhome likes this.
  2. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Here is a good one that has a very loud alarm and you can change the tone, volume and sensitivity. Then you can purchase a receiver that will receive a transmitted signal alerting you to a bite.

brand name Delkim

BRING YOUR CHECKBOOK. $100 plus each then add the receiver.

3. SCUBACATFISHMAN

State:
    Santee, SC
    Name:
    Dan Brothers
    That thing is WAY to sensitive... I'd never get any sleep...LOL. I was thinking more of something that sends out a signal when 120 AC Volts hits it, just like the light coming on.
    A mailbox alert might work, but I haven't checked into their range yet.

4. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    That is why the sensitivity is adjustable.

Your only talking 150 feet. Hook it to a electric bell or a car horn. This ain't rocket science.

5. chillydigits

chillydigits Well-Known Member

State:
    Mt.Liberty Ohio
    Name:
    Fred
    Dan holy smokes it’s a small world! I haven’t bumped into you in ages, since Predator Masters. I think the last time we chatted you were on a trip out West and I helped you with sounds on your Ecall..

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    cheapNdisgusting likes this.
  6. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    Was looking at mamas Facebook. There was a video of an auto r and r. When it got hit an electric reel would wind in the fish.

7. BBK

BBK Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Kevin
    Would a wireless doorbell work?

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Old Squeezer Supporting Member

State:
    Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    It sure would if you used a little imagination on triggering it.
    Baby monitor, wireless driveway alarm. Battery powered.
    Harbor Freight
    al.JPG

SCUBACATFISHMAN likes this.
  9. BCT

BCT Active Member

State:
    KY
    Name:
    Chris
    Just throwing out idea here. Maybe use old or cheap cell phones + extra batteries + cheap tripods. Point the phone's camera to the rods. Install a small bell at the tip that will ring when getting a bite. You can then use your phone from the house to access the camera, and should be able to see and hear your rods.

10. SCUBACATFISHMAN

State:
    Santee, SC
    Name:
    Dan Brothers
    Here are a few pictures of my setup in case I'm getting anyone confused. When the fish jerks the line and wooden disc from the clothes pin... the light comes on. Each rod has the ability to make the negative wire connect so the light can come on. It works Great... but now I want something that gets activated with that AC power and then sends a wireless signal to a small bell or alarm inside my house. I do not want a loud thing ringing outside waking up everyone.... that is not a Rocket Science Fix. I want something that will activate like a mail box alarm... not a Fire Alarm....LOL. I need to find out if a mailbox alarm will reach 150 ft... but even then... it would not work with AC power. And i don't want to run a small wire over head or underground to my house either... maybe i want too much....LOL.
    Motion sensing things will not work because of birds landing on the dock and railings... so I keep on going back to some kind of AC activator device. It's not a big deal if I rig it up or not... I just get a thing in my head and want to make it happen some how. thanks for any help or advice.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    You can change ac to dc power with transformers and capacitors and resistors and such

12. SCUBACATFISHMAN

State:
    Santee, SC
    Name:
    Dan Brothers
    chillydigits...Fred... long time no hear. I haven't been on Predator Masters in years, but I still LOVE chasing those coyotes out West each year...especially if I can get some long shots. I'm surprised to find you over here on this good forum... it's fishing season I guess...LOL.
    Shoot me a PM sometime for Old Times Sake. May Jesus Bless You.

13. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    You may be able to use WIFI switches and when the clothes pen shuts it actives the switch that turns a light or buzzer on inside.

14. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    Or telephone wire is cheap. You can run 150ft of it to your house to a buzzer and the clothespin. But you will need some sort of step down voltage in between the clothespin and rj11 wire. A cellphone plug comes to mind... just make sure the step down is 250 or 500MaH

15. BCT

BCT Active Member

State:
    KY
    Name:
    Chris
    I do not follow, so maybe I am missing something. Why ^^ will not work for what you want to do? It is completely wireless, you can even monitor your rod from across the state if you want as long as there is phone signal or wifi signal.

16. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    Similar idea but using coax cable about 75$ worth of material could be cheaper or more expensive depending on what you got

AC to coax converter then run the coax cable to your house and wire the buzzer in 20200714_101655.jpg 20200714_101627.jpg 20200714_101609.jpg

SCUBACATFISHMAN likes this.
  17. SCUBACATFISHMAN

State:
    Santee, SC
    Name:
    Dan Brothers
    some good ideas Guys... how about another one... like a heat sensor located next to the bulb, so that the bulb heats it up and activates a signal to a small alarm?

18. cat seeker 374

cat seeker 374 Well-Known Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Name:
    jacob
    I know someone allready suggested carp fishing bite alarms but I have had luck with the prologic bat 3+1 set. About 120 if you shop around. They have adjustable sensitivity and volume and are water and drop resistant which is nice.

19. Brackish*Water

Brackish*Water Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Wesley
    I suggest a chair some shade and something to drink.
    :tongue1:

20. SCUBACATFISHMAN

State:
    Santee, SC
    Name:
    Dan Brothers
    I have a chair... some shade... some drink.. and a snack....LOL... but I can't do that from midnight to dawn... WHICH.... is when most catfish bite off my dock. I have my 4 rods always baited and ready for a bite... 24/7..365... but 95% of the bites come after midnight.... WHEN... I'm asleep. So I don't need a small alarm at the dock or a loud one ringing the neighborhood... just a simple ring inside the house.
    What I really need is a sensor near the light that gets hot and activates my cell phone app... that would be perfect. Surely there is some kind of wireless fire alarm systems that work on a small scale. Hmmmmm......

and.... I don't really want to lay down a underground wire.... BUT... that is always a option.... I'm just not sure I want it bad enough to fight my yard's tree roots.

Brackish*Water likes this.