Want to try something new, Kat Bobbers with catsoap perhaps

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by xposedguts, Oct 5, 2007.

1. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im looking to try some different types of setups and whatnot. I was thinking of buying a few more poles with some pole holders and rigging them up with those Kat bobbers, and perhaps some of that redneck catfish soap bait(anyone use that stuff?). That way i can have a few lines out at a time, and relax on the shore of the river till i see a hit. Do you guys think it would be a good idea instead of just throwing one pole out with a basic bottom feed setup?(tired of geting hung up on weeds and logs)

2. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    anytime you can get more poles in the water with different baits, your success should improve. in nebraska we can only have two poles per person in the water at a time. I usually thow out one with nitecrawler and one with liver.:0a22:

3. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Dan with the addition of more poles you can also have up to two hooks per line. When I first get to a location I throw out two lines, four different baits on each hook. One rod will have various dip/punch baits, the other rod having cut/live, worms. I've tried that soapbait on a kahle, never had a bite on it maybe the presentation was wrong.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i dont think presentation had anything to do with it, i understand the bite is the slowest w/soap bait. better used on jugs so they can just sit & fish & let the oils in the water to attract the fish, usually takes a long time for that. that's why people usually put them on jugs, and come back later to check em.

5. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks for the info guys, hopefully if i get a little boat for next season ill try it out.

6. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Thanks for the info, I was unaware of that about soap.