Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Welcome to the Boc AL,

Good Fishing you will have in that lake in a couple years..Sometimes you can find them in the paper in the classified section,,( stock fish) or something like that Good Luck to you and the:wink: lake.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Here are the few I could find in Georgia.....
Divergent Natural Interests, Frederick D. Hays, P.O. Box 241, Elkview, WV 25071. (304) 548-7117; E-mail [email protected] Grass Carp, Koi, Gold Fish, Largemouth Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Bluegill, Hybrid Bluegill, Red Ears, Catfish, Bull Frogs, Bullhead Minnows, aquatic plants, aquaculture consulting.
Flowing Springs Farm, Steve Haines, P.O. Box 92, Delray, WV 26714. (304) 496-1028. trout, catfish. [email protected] channel catfish.

Rainbow Head Farms, Mike Nardella, 309 John St., Clarksburg, WV 26301. (304) 842-8800, [email protected] . Sells trout food fish and fingerlings, catfish fingerlings, grass carp and bass fingerlings. Bluegill (hybrid and Georgia giants), fingerlings, adult yellow perch, and koi. Web site: www.rainbowheadfarms.com
Zetts Tri-State Fish Farm and Hatchery, Andrew Zetts, 878 Hatchery Road, Inwood, WV 25428 (304) 229-3654. channel and bullhead catfish. Hope this helps you out, good luck....

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I believe you will find that blues are not like perch. They will not necessarily spawn in a small lake. They require optimum conditions, extremely good habitat, and plenty of accessible partners. I know of a person who put several hundred into Guthrie Lake over a period of a few years, but none have spawned, and that was back in the mid 90's. They recently caught a 32 lb blue and a 52 pound blue out of the lake, so some of the initial stock is still there. However, when the ODW conducts a shocking program at the lake, there are no small blues. Channels may be a better bet for your lake stocking.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
You have moving current in the lake?( spring fed? )if be, they just might spawn out.according to a article I read a few yrs back.,
Anyway good luck with your lake..even if they don't spawn, in a few yrs you will have one heck of a fishing hole..LOL.:smile2::smile2::wink:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I'd check with my local county agent. Here's what I found online:
"Blue catfish exhibit slower growth and lower feed conversion efficiencies than channel catfish"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.