Want to have some fun?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by keepitsimple, Oct 23, 2009.

1. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    It's that time of the year when the water cools down and the stripers are moving. You get the tourist striper guys in search of 2 or more boats close that means to them theres stripers close.
    Yesterday, screaminreels and myself in seperate boats were drifting for cats during the day and a few times we got the barage of striper boats who thought we were striper fishing. So my friends, it's time to bring a sleeve of saltines throw them out of the boat enroute to where you want to fish, set up far enough to fish and watch the circus when the birds start diving on crackers and the striper boys THINK theres a huge school of stripers busting bait then rush to the birds. It can be pretty funny.
    Oh yea, we had a decent day, caught about a doz teeners to low 20s. Lost at least that many. Couple line breakers as usual or user error on nice fish. Screamin had fun with Earl losing line and missing fish. Earl hates me more now.:smile2:

2. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    I hate it! So many Fair weather fishermen out right now. I dig striper fishing, just as much as catfishing. But some people just have no sense. Take Yesturday for instance. 10/22/09. I launched near my house, Hardy Rd boat launch. atleast 25-30 trucks in the parking lot (looked like a Saturday evening in July). For 2miles down stream from the No Wake at Bayroc, I belive every one of them was in that 2mile stretch. Why, keepitsimple done answered that. B/c they seen 2 or 3 other boats already sitting there..... Now Yes they are busting in this area and further down stream aswell. But you wont get a cast in before 50% of these folks run on top of them. Plus that many boats, be lucky if they come up at all. Folks with no trolling motors idling around and such, guys pulling u-rigs, etc...

I was actually going out for flatheads, But i didnt stick around in this area, we went several miles down river, and belive it or not, wasnt no boats....

Now dont start giving me grief, this dont stand for all fishermen sitting in the group. But there are alot of boat watchers out there. And my girlfriend says i have a group of boats that sit and wait for me to come by so they can follow me.. And besides, if it wasnt for folks like that, What would we have to Gripe about?

OH yea, On other note. if you have Running light Problems, Dont be in the middle of the channel idling around. Flash a light or ride close to the bank until you get to were your going. Those fellows in that bass tracker last night came REAL close to checking the whole underside of my skiff out....

Yes, I've done the Cracker trick...

Yes, Its hilarious...

Yes, I've had a buddy of mine get me, by tossing out crackers....

No, I dont know what to say when they ask me if the birds were diving on Stripers....

3. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Keepit, I think you are #2 on the hate list now, the boat mechanic being #1 and me being #3, Love ya Earl meanit!!!!! LOL!!
    It took earl and myself a few minutes to figure out what these guys were doing,they flew in on their 80mph boats, landed like s@@t hawks, got out the binoculars and started looking around?? All this was very funny to me in the first place, then one boat tears off and shortly there after all the rest haul a@@ the same direction, I had to LMAO!!

4. catnbox69

catnbox69 New Member

State:
    burlington
    that by far has got to be the funniest thing i hav ever heard and i will be sure to try it out at buggs:big_smile:. ive already got my crackers ready.

5. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Ya just have to watchem, It's some funny s@@t!! I nearly choke laughing at these guys!!

6. catnbox69

catnbox69 New Member

State:
    burlington
    im gonna tape it and let everyone see! my buddy laughed so hard he about threw up his lunch. My wife wants to see it so i told her i would take the video camera and tape it, i guess its kinda dual purpose,if i catch a big one i can get that also.thanks for the cheap entertainment:big_smile: