Want to fish from a boat!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Gringoloco, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Hey I was wondering if there are any generous BOC members here on the Mo or the IL side that wouldn't mind taking 1-2 people with them on a fishing trip on one of the big rivers? I don't have a boat or access to one and I really want to get out on a boat for some big cats, because I haven't caught any trophy cats yet and what to give it a shot. I have been bank fishing for many years now and have never had any luck for a nice trophy cat yet. So in the June time frame is anybody going out onto a big river (on a boat and have room for a 1-2 people)? I have plenty of gear and would be up for chipping in on gas for the boat, bring some refreshments, food, etc. So if anyone is interested please post here and let me know. Thanks!

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would sure square you away if I was available. Somebody out there will take care of you , that is what makes the community such a great place.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Josh where are u located? I know someone on here would love to see yer face when ya hit a biggun:wink:

4. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anywhere near Peoria? I have one that I take on the river quite often and could probably work something out, though I mostly go on Saturdays. (and a smaller motored one for sale as well).

5. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I wish I lived a bit closer! Peoria is about 3 hours north from where I am at. I am about 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis, Mo.

6. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Josh, I believe I saw where another BOC member was looking for a fishing partner. I believe the Baldwin thread is where I saw it. Good Luck

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    catmankev needed a partner.. though I do not think he hits the rivers. I could be mistaken though. Should look him up and shout at hime. He has a real nice Crappie Edition Lund. Been in it before..really nice boat he has.

8. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Josh when it gets a little closer to june, PM me. We can probably work something out. I fish the Mississippi, I am also about an hour south of you in Murphysboro, IL.

9. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Sounds good man, I will shoot you a pm when it gets closer to June.