Want to catch more fish? Here is how.

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by peewee williams, Jul 20, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Do you want to catch more fish? Low water is the time to learn.The lower the better.This is the time to learn more about your fishing area than you can ever learn any other way.I love a depth finder,but it cannot compare to seeing.This is one of the main advantages that a lot of us old folks have on you younger ones.We have seen what is under the surface over many years.Now some look but never see.You have to SEE what you are looking at.When you have to walk,wade or drag that small boat is the time.If you have a larger boat,tilt that motor up as shallow as it will safely run and check that water out.Salt water,rivers and lakes,it all changes some from year to year.From throwing a cast net,bream beds,to fish cover.The road map and signs are there if you wish to take the time.The fish may not be biting,but the water is open for learning at the very best time.Give it a try.Do you have children or grandchildren?Maybe a neighbors child that would like to go exploring.It can be fun for them and you.You really can catch more fish by learning the waters "BED"and the fish's home.peewee-williams

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post brother, that is definatly the way to do it. I used to have little brother swim out and see how deep the areas were. When he was 12-13, he wont do it anymore now that he is 17. LMAO

3. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Great tip Peewee. Thanks

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Put a girl on a tube out there.He will be happy to impress her.Now you know that you will have to add 20 feet to all of the water depths that he gives you.peewee-williams.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, great idea PeeWee.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Great post Peewee. One of the things you said I've seen a lot of people do and that is they look but they just dont see.

7. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    great post peewee, you are completly right at finding out everything you can about your fishing hole bottoms, it really helps you catch fish

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Rep points to you Peewee. Great tip you gave there. I agree with 777. Lots of folks look but don't see. When the river is low you can learn so much. Get out on the river and do some boat riding, take some digital photos of areas for later reference and see what you've been missing. Do a little fishing too, just might hook that big one.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Great post PeeWee. You're right us younger folk often take advantadge of technology, but it doesn't show us thing as good as looking for ourselves.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Outstanding Tip PeeWee.. Great for finding likely spawning spots (undercut banks, etc) or log jams that will be sub-merged when the water rises back up, current breaks, etc.....

11. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I do that when they lower the level of the lakes/reserviors to winter pool levels in the late fall. I generally walk out into the areas that I usually fish and check out what structure is on the bottom, and also usually fill a small tackle box worth of hooks, sinkers, and lures caught up on structure.