want to buy abu garcia 6500's

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by flathead-kid, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flathead-kid

flathead-kid New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    looking to buy a couple abu garcia 6500's at reasonable but not new prices .... wanting some decent gear for this season!!!!

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    You may want to check ebay or go to catfish connection and check out some of there deals. :smile2:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Walmart has them on sale for 89 bucks!

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ridiculous to call that a sale! Catfish Connection's EVERYDAY price is $81.85. CC rocks!!

Bill in SC

5. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Yeah, but depending on sales tax, it's probably going to be about the same price with no wait. Shipping at CC is $11 for standard, $16 for UPS Ground, on one reel. That makes the reel $92-$97 for one reel. If I buy the reel here for $89 plus 6% tax, it gong to be $94.34, with no waiting on the mail or UPS.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NO sales tax from CC on a NC purchase. The original poster was lookin' for a pair of reels, which both would be shipped for the same $11 price. CC does have VERY fast shipping, and GREAT customer service. I wholeheartedly endorse any company with the high standards of CC.

Bill in SC

7. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    I Agree CC has great customer service. They have great prices too. Just ordered 4 of the ABU6000 rod and reel combos for 78.95ea. Cant get that at Wally World. Also bought 2 ABU6500C3 reels 81.95ea. shipping was only $12.00 for the whole order. Cant beat that.:cool2:

8. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    I know there's no sales tax on most catalog/internet purchases. I know that CC has super service as well. I was just stating that by the time you pay shipping on the reels, most times it really isn't any cheaper to buy them on-line VS locally, if the prices are similar. Two reels from CC would run $177 total... if I was to buy them at Wal-Mart locally, two reels would run $189 total. And I wouldn't have to wait for them to show up. I'd pay the extra $12 for instant gratification, and to put money in the local economy, even if it's Wal-Mart.

I just looked and didn't see any Abu 6000 combos on CC anywhere, just a couple of 7000i combos....what kind of rods came with the 6000 combo?

9. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think the people have spoken here. Why is'nt cc a sponsor here anymore? I've always loved dealing with them. I live in illinois. When I order something from them on a monday, it's here on wednesday. I also had a problem with a pole one time. They shipped me another and told me to keep the original. Excellant service..

10. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    The rods are the ABU 7ft casting rods 24.95 . The combos were there Monday when I ordered them. I must have got the last ones lol.:smile2:.

11. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    Try that with Wally-World.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    I do have to say that I've gotten superb customer service from every internet catalog company I've ordered from.... BPS, Cabela's, Midway USA, CC, etc. Really, guys, I like CC as much as you do. I swear...:eek:oooh:

BUT, I'm not ordering something from a place that I can get locally for a few bucks more. Doing that is one reason that the small tackle shops aren't around anymore. I'm just saying, support your local merchants (regardless of who they are) whenever you can.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    None of the three Wal-Marts within a 20 mile proximity to my house, sell the 6500c3. I do agree to buy local whenever possible, but there is VERY LITTLE catfish stuff that I use available near here. Usually when I do a CC order, I buy lots of stuff at once, so I save a heap in shipping compared to ordering stuff individually. Also save gas by not having to drive to get it. The reason most mom and pop tackle shops have closed is due to their overpricing, because they don't do the volume of sales that the big outfits do.

<I'd pay the extra $12 for instant gratification>

I won't, unless in a bind for some tackle needed for a tourney. My money is THAT close.

Bill in SC

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Same here. There's not much in the way of tackle I use on the market locally. I make all my own weight. But, if I didn't I would'nt be able to find them. I'd also be limited to using 20-30 pound mono and 2/0 wide gap hooks. If there was a tackle shop around here that had 12/0 circles, and 65-100lb braid line. I'd be sittin in it drinking coffee every morning. LOL besides I live in east central Illinois. Pana is almost local.

15. flathead-kid

flathead-kid New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    ok so whos got some for sale ? .... i was thinking of buying the green cat 6500's anyone know anything about those or should i just go ahead and get the regular 6500's?
    im buying some 6000's too ..... or is that a mistake?

16. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    They're all good reels. The green cat is a 6000 with a pretty paint job and a power handle. a 6000 will be just fine. They're the same basic construction. for a lot less money.

17. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    And walmart usually sells the cheap made in china models!!

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <The green cat is a 6000 with a pretty paint job and a power handle.>

NO, the 'Green Cat' is a 6500c3 with a power handle, anodized green. If they are as smooth as the 'Blue Cats', they will be superb. I plan on getting a pair of them. There is NOTHING WRONG with the 6000 series either. We've caught some mighty fine fish on mine, up to 51# thus far.

<And walmart usually sells the cheap made in china models!! .

That too! ;-)

Bill in SC

19. flathead-kid

flathead-kid New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    yea ive been told to stay clear of the china made ones!

20. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    this is only my 2 cents, well i should say in my home town( massillon ohio ) its most of the folks, but any way, the big corporate pigs ( wally world ) has hurt or killed most of the lil shops in town. wally world can sell 4 less, b/c they can buy more at one time. screw wally world

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.