Want some input

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kyleco55, Jul 29, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    i just filled out a help ticket to try to get a poll added to this.

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Here in PA we can't even buy carry-out beer in the stores, only in bars, and they hose you good. $7 for a 6-pack.

To buy beer or malt liquor in quantity you need to go to a distributor but the smallest you can get is a 12-pack.

To buy wine or liquor you need to go to a State run store and they too rip you off.

I feel your pain fellow malt beverage brethren!

4. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    I've got plenty of issues with Indiana liquor laws. I've talked to my rep about them. Nothing changes.

In Indiana you can't buy a six pack of beer, take it home and watch a baseball game on Sunday. You can go drink at a bar though if it's attached to a restaurant.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Liquor laws can be strange to say the least. I don't fully understand the no alcohol sales on Sundays law or the no cold ones from the convienance stores. I would see no harm in just letting cold beer be sold from stores/gas stations as well as letting it be sold on Sundays. But maybe I'm just biased...seeing as how I love to have an ice cold beer (having a good ole Shiner Bock as we speak.):big_smile:

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i think they should allow cold beer to be sold on sundays :cool2::cool2::cool2:

7. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm shur we can (hiccup) go one day without a brew brew brewsky burrrrrrp:embarassed: BOC ,bottle or can.:tounge_out::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Always a bottle Bruce, always a bottle :cool2:

9. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Sorry, I dont drink beer!

10. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dude I am so for getting the beer on sunday

11. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    same with i do not drink too--:smile2: this old body does not heel fast like when it was in it 20s

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    dont see the difference myself. sunday monday friday if i want a beer i have a beer. around here we make a run for the border. lol

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rick ain't you too young to be an authority on the best beer containers?:confused2:

Why can't you drinkers just get your beer on Saturday? man... don't seem like rocket science to me.:roll_eyes:
    Kyle, ain't you been in enough trouble over alcohol already dude?:dribble:

14. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Moonshine is the answer, make your own :wink:

15. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I dont see why all the hoopla! If you want a beer on Sunday or any alcohol! Dont be lazy buy it on Saturday! And make sure you get enough!

16. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I always by my sunday beer on saturday its pretty simple:wink:

17. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    yes bill, unfortunately i have! BUT unlike MANY MANY people, i DID learn my lesson about drinking and driving.. another reason id rather just go grab me a 6 pack n sit at the house..

some of the responses suggest just buying enough on saturday.. thats ok to do, unless you have some people over for a cookout, or cards, or something else on saturday night, and everything gets drank!

Im guilty of doing this a time or two myself tim... BUT, one of the argumenting factors in this, does make sence to me.. Think about ALL the people that do go to other states to buy beer EVERY sunday... Although a small amount compared to the big picture... Dont you think that tax money should stay right here in Indiana? Might not be much, but if you add up all the tax dollars collected from indiana residents in other states, on sundays alone, then multiply that by a year.. thats probably going to be a really big number! :wink:

thanks for the input so far guys, and thanks for keeping this a clean discussion, so it stays out of HI.. i put it in here, because it is a specific to indiana topic

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    BS on that.... it'd be BYOB, or drink water dammit :wink:
    I still say ya oughta just quit drinkin' that nasty shit anyway, Dr pepper is more nutritious. lol

19. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    :smile2:

20. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    sorry bill dr pepper gives me gas that is why i drink pespi :smile2::smile2: