Wanna play your old Nintendo NES Games?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SWeiss, Oct 26, 2009.

1. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I recently stumbled up this type of thing. My old Nintendo NES was sold long ago at a garage sale.

http://www.virtualnes.com/

You can play just about all of the games online at the above website.

If you want to play them offline then you need a NES Emulator for Windows and download the ROMs (game files). I use the VirtualNES Emulator (free), and download the ROMS for free from various sources.

Plus, there are TONS of cheat codes for these games to let you do things you could NEVER do with the original console system.

Check it out!

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i miss ym old NEW thanks for the link brotha

3. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    good thread.....I still have all my old systems......and still play the old more than the new....go figure:tounge_out:

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    favorite NEW games? i liked top gun, contra, excite bike and rc pro am

5. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Jeff,

I've seen all of those games online. I downloaded the emulator and the roms so I play offline. I have an old GGE909 Recoil USB game controller (so you don't have to use the keyboard) that works great. Any USB controller will work, and you can even find the original NES controllers hacked for USB online for $30.

SGC2909_27-GAL-global.jpg

PM me if you want the links to the ROMS and stuff. I don't want to post them here due to copyright issues.

6. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    ohhhh contra..........nothing like unlimited ammo......best contra game ever????? contra 3 the alien wars for super nes!!!!!!!!!!

7. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Here are some screen shots.

Super Mario Bros
    SMB_BOC.jpg

Rad Racer
    RadRacer_BOC.jpg

RBI Baseball
    RBI_Baseball_BOC.jpg

8. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    looks good.....Im gonna check into this more

9. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You can play Super NES games too! Actually you can play darn near every old school console game from Atari to Sega

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ohh i remember rad racer..worst soundtrack ever lol but sooo addicting

11. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Steve, thanks for the link. I'm still trying to decide if I want to rep you, or negative rep you for posting this. last few nights, I have been up till about 12 playing those games, then getting up at 4:30 to get ready for work! :angry:

:smile2::smile2: those old nintendo games sure are addicting. We actually still got one around somewhere, it even worked till about 2-3 years ago, but i dont think it does anymore.. :wink:

12. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My fav console games would have to be Defender of the Crown for NES, Kings bounty for Genisis and the Final fantasy games.. Hmm Legend of Zelda was awesome too. Talk about cheesy sound tracks ! LOL