Wanna get started

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by catman529, Oct 12, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How do I get started catching blues?

I live in middle tn and I want some good spots to fish. Any ideas?

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    im not from around there but im sure some one will help you out

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Ya turn your computer off and go fishing. Bout as easy as it gets. LOL

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    now that is the best info iv seen all week :lol:

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I just wish I lived somewhere closer to some good blue fishing. There is really not much around here, without driving a few hours.:sad2:

One day ElDorado will be good, but that is a ways off I am afraid.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jeff, I have talked with a whole lot of fishermen from Wichita fishing at Kaw Lake and tailwaters near Ponca City. Said they bought an annual Oklahoma license because the Kansas regs were to stringent. Seems like there is always guys there from Kansas.

7. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Lawrence, I have heard a lot about fishing at Kaw. I have not been there since I was a little boy. I hope to get down there and get a little more familiar with that lake, especially now that I have a boat. Still wish there was some good Blue fishing just a little closer though.

I have trouble traveling real far to fish, when I don't even have any idea where to start or go when I get there, after the first few trips, it gets a little easier to talk myself into going.

8. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ive never fish TN so I cant give you specifics of your area but here are some general key concepts.

Blues main diet is shad and other fish. By far your best bet for catching a blue is using either live or fresh dead baits. Bait like liver/dough bait wil work, but are more likely to catch channels.

Blue alot of times are found around channels, so if oyu can locate and fish a channel, do that.

And blues alot fo the time feed off the bottom. Suspend your bait if possible.