Waltrip racing?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it was a joke in '07, and toyota was embarrassed beyond belief...i personally didn't understand why toyota picked waltrip to be the flagship team.

i think they are much better served with gibbs racing being the front team, but how about this...is waltrip going to be competitive next year?

imho, this is a really good move. (and i am NOT a waltrip fan)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar--waltrip-crewchiefs&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    phil, i just told you in you new rank , stink , for many wrong wasted time posts mikey is gonna get ya!!!!lol..j/k.. congrats again on your new ranking... ANYWAYS, stay tuned and watch the joke this year!!!! me and mikey have an understanding... he has to win this year or he loses rollo's sponsorship!! which isn't much.. But, he is driving to show everyone on wolfman's nascar he and his team is gonna be winners!!! watch phil washburn!!!! lol...rollo:wink::smile2:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sorry i feel sarcasm...lol.. us used to losing don't take constructive critisim / nice words well :smile2:..rollo

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Isnt saying Waltrip Racing an Oxymoron :big_smile:, how much you want to bet Mikey will sign with Gibbs then he might have a chance at least to get in the race :smile2:

5. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I think we all better watch the Toyota's Mikey is going to be a competitor this year mark my word take it to the bank...... I wonder what the odd's are in vegas for him to finish in the top 15 in points ?????

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i will bet all my deer lease money that waltrip will not finish in the top 15. any odds will make me a rich man. i do think he will have at least 1 car make the top 30, but not much better than that. if he does not get more than 1 in the top 35 i think toyota (jap crap) will pull the plug on him. gibbs will show us if toyota can compete. they are gonna have a hard time at first as all their experience is with chevy.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i won't go as far to say top 15. but i do think that he and reutimann will be in the top 20 this year....keep you deer lease money tuffish...atleast for one more year, then i will take your guns and bows!!! rollo:smile2:

8. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Toyota was not able to use the truck motors for cup. BUT if the truck series is any example they will have hot motors in 2008 for cup.

Toyota won't drop MWR because MWR will be fast with Toyota research. Unlike Chevy or Ford, if you are driving Toyota's they will make sure you run at the top. They didn't last year because of motor development. Year two all the Toyota trucks ran well and I expect cup to do the same.

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Screen, I feel the same. Toyota's car engine was just not strong enough, I believe their day will come.

10. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    TopSgt - In the case of Toyota cars it is not so much as the team as it is the manufacture. Jap. companies have a different pride. Chevy and Ford only care about the numbers and support but a few where Toyota want all teams to win. Gibbs knows this and Toyota was an easy support choice for them. MWR was the promotion for the first year, now with Gibbs and Pemberton on board with MWR just watch. By the end of 2009 you will see many wins by Toyota.
    This is from a guy who was a Mark M fan (Ford) and a Chevy lover for years. Heck we were the last Chevy engine hold out in a funny car before we finally had to go to a Hemi.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i expect atleast some of you now to back me this year, when we pick a winner in wolfman's weekly race preview!!! i will be looking for them mikey/toyota guys!!!! lol...rollo

12. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i will be picking hendrick guys again. i might even pick jr. a race or two, even though i don't think he is half the driver hid dad was. i want to see the earnhardt fans in blue for a change.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I think the Toyota engines were coming along pretty good for the last part of the year. All this R&D and testing and they should be hot competition...IMO.
    I think they'll only get better. Millions+ are going into them. They'll be a force to deal with soon.

14. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Nascar dynoed some of the teams from each manafacture at the last talladega race and David Ruetamen had almost 20 more horsepower than the next best car and past inspection.:sad2:

15. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Boys im a big fan of Gibbs and stewart,but when i found out they were going to race Toyota's i about threw up.Im also a big chevy fan so its double wammy for me.I think im going to need counseling now.:embarassed:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now, james... just go to your local NAPA store and trade in an old hat, and they will give you a fine looking Waltrip hat that you will be proud to wear for years on end! lol.. i have two of em'!!:smile2: rollo

17. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ok thats it here it comes im throwing up now:eek:oooh:lol .I wouldnt mind seeing mikey do better its just a shame he went with toyota,of course it doesent matter what he drives if he cant qualify and keep from wrecking:wink:mybe they will get a better handle on things this season.

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya look at the truck series. toyota will find the marks eventually. the tundra is a top competitor in the craftsman truck series. as far as gibbs sighning mw. might be the worst mistake he could make, and im sure that wont happen. whats mikey won 4-5 races in 4to500?

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    That's what I said before, Toyota had a great engine from the years in the truck series. Nascar told them they couldn't use it in cup, they would have to develop a new engine for 2007. Nascar didn't want Toyota to come right out of the block and trounce every one else. I tell you they did a great job in 10 months. Michael was the first guy to recognize that toyota might be the future. I don't much care for toyota's, but we all better be on the lookout in 2008. I'd bet that at least two of the toyota teams will be in the top 15 this time next year.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well said brother!!! nothing like a true nascar fan that gives honest opinions...even if you are a 24 lover!! lol...j/k skip...rollo