Walther P22

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by RiverratSC, May 2, 2006.

1. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I ordered a Walther P22 so that I'll have something a little cheaper to shoot. I read reviews before I decided on what I wanted. Some were bad but most were good. I should have it next week if its in warehouse otherwise is could be a few weeks.

2. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I have one, it is a fun little pistol. You will like it.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had two, got rid of both of them when they were selling for $199-$209, boy I sure wish I would have kept both of them.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I had one, they are great little pistols. Get the one with the longer barrel if you want more accuracy though. Even the one with the shorter barrel shoots very well. Put lots of rounds through it and it never had one problem.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I ordered the one with a 3.42" barrel because of the price. I've talked it over with my wife and she told me I could order the other barrel after our trip to TN in June. I needed something cheaper to shoot than my .45lc and .40S&W not that the .40 ammo is that bad but still a bit more. The .45lc ammo is a little harder to find and costly to shoot.

Oh I'm getting the black model, I usually get the stainless but I figured what the heck.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I had the black model with the short barrel also, you will be very impressed by what you get for the price, very reliable and very accurate, plus you can shoot thousands of rounds through it for the same price of 20 personal defense rounds for a .45

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'm heading to the range tomorrow to see how this baby shoots. Today I thought I was going to jail and loosing my new Walther. I was stopped in NC for speeding and I had it in my pocket(forgot it was there). The Trooper asked me to please step out of my vehicle and them asked if I had any weapons, which I figured he had seen already. I told him what I had and he patted me down. He ran a check on the firearm and my driver's licenses. All was clear so he gave me a warning. I figured I was going to jail but I was as polite as I could be because they have a rough job and deserve the respect. I would like to thank the trooper for not putting this poor ole boy in jail.

P.S. I have a 5" barrel coming for the Walther.

8. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    you will really enjoy this firearm accuarte and very fun to shoot. it will give you some hassell during break in though. but be pateient with it after all its a smith now not a walther.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good point Bryan.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I didn't get to go to the range. Walther still makes the weapons Smith&Wesson only imports them. Its listed on the Walther website about them being imported by S&W.

11. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Finally got to the range. I love shooting this little gun, both barrels are very accurate. My daughter and wife enjoyed how easily shot. I'm very happy with gun.

12. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    well congrats on it im glad you enjoyed the pistol.

13. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Thats a nice gun, hope it gives you years of enjoyment.

14. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    you are correct sw imports them