Walnut river..

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ZachDinicola, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ZachDinicola

ZachDinicola Member

State:
    Greatbend/Hays
    Anybody been down by the dam in ark city? hoping to head down there in a week or two and was wondering if any blues had been biting.. hoping to hear some good news.. fingers crossed, thanks..

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I think your confused. The dam is in Winfield and the blues are pretty much seasonal. You are gonna have to wait til May.:wink:

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I can tell you that nothing is happening at the dam, catfish wise. Gonna throw some lures next time and see what happens? Good luck.

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Brent you need to get ready to start targeting the the Walleyes and small stripers. They will be moving up before to long. At least I know the eyes will. I have caught 2lb to 6lbs off the pad just jigging along the sides on 3in jigs sometimes tip them with small to medium shiners.

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Chris you must be reading my mind? Im waiting for some jigs from Wild Wolf to arrive. Then thats what im exactly gonna do, go jigging for some walleye.

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    The eye's will set right on the bottom or on the break of the current. The strippers will be more out towards the middle and at the face of the dam. Good luck let me know how things start to pam out.