Walnut River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Mr. Foster, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Gonna try for some Flatheads after all the rain up North they got. River is up pretty good as you can see. Kyle you sure you dont want to come down still, lol?

Attached Files:

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    the walnut even made the news here in t-town

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Ill come down, just not in the boat.:wink::crazy::smile2:

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I went down there after dinner, and its still on the rise. They will probably have it blocked off before long. Oh well, on to plan B. :wink:

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Man dosen't it suck for me livin clear up here:cry:. Right there where the steps and the rocks meet all the way to the start of the gravel bar.:wink: :0a32:I could be there to take advantage of that. I hope you guys do. Be dam carefull she bites when shes up.

Later,
    Chris

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya she is nasty, didnt have any luck. Probably let it go down for a couple days and go back after I farm some perch. Went to the lake and caught a 5 and 8lb channel on the ole trusty kat bobber and perch. Theres supposed to be some big flats there, but I wouldnt have a clue where to start.

7. stubhub

stubhub New Member

State:
    mulvane
    Do you fish the walnut in winfield? and is it all public access or are there certain points like on the ark?

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    The Walnut is privately owned, except for the portions at ElDorado and the strech in Winfield. There is also a small piece in Ark City.
    The dam in Winfield can be awesome at certain times, if you fight your way through the crowd.
    Tough river to bank fish.

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The Tunnel Mill Dam and the Fairgrounds are public, thats all I know of in Winfield.