Walmart what a joke

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by hear_kitty, Jun 26, 2006.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Are all the people at wall mart crazy went to wall mart to get me two ambassador reels and two rods Berkley big game rods says he has them there So he tells me when i get there that the keys went missing for so i tell him that. I CALLED HIM ON THE PHONE AND HE SAID THAT HE HAD TWO AMBASSADOR 6000 LINE OUT ALARM REELS so he breaks the locks off the cabinet and gives me the all mighty reels one is the one with the line out alarm and one dose not have the line out alarm that sucks in haste to get my new toys i don't realize that they are not the same get home and low and behold they are different call him back and he tells me that it will be a weak and I tell him to kiss my #%@&*($ a45 BONE HEAD you now when you go spend 300.00 at walmart you should get what you pay for!!

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I know what you mean I myself do not do any business with that store at all. They dont carry hunting stuff anymore where I live and thier fishing gear is almost non existant anymore. But if you want xbox etc they got it all lol.

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Walmart's fishin' and huntin' supplys are usually just cheap knock-off versions of the real deal, around here. And most every store I enter, has got at least one employee dumber'n a stump. I just kinda expect it anymore.

-Red

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I dont buy any equipment from Wal-Mart anymore. They just dont have any good stuff as far as fishing gear is concerned.

5. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    iv never been impressed with walmart and couldnt figure out why everybodys always talkin about em. im lucky to have a good sport shop nearby so dont need to go there anyhow.:wink:

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    some of us don't have a choice,but to buy wal-mart.Can't afford to go any place else. don't really care for them just don't have much choice.But your right you should get what you paid for.Hope it all works out without to much trouble.

7. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    this is a warning to all people out there that are buying fishing things for walmart, as you know that i just perchased two Ambassadeur reels fom them for $59.47 apeace. One had the line alert and one didnt, like i told you before when i talked to this guy he said bring it back and we should have the other one with in two or three days and i asked him what he was gonna do with the old one, he said well it will probably be sent back to the company because it was last years model and i told him that i would buy it from them for $30.00 and he said no and im going to track the number on the reel and contact the company and see if it gets there

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have yet to see a ABU 6000 without a clicker on it!!! Are you sure it is a 600???

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I do alot of shopping at Waley World but mostly for electronics and some fishing supplies but we also have a Bass Pro about 3 miles from Waley world.:big_smile:

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Well, not everything the sell is bad.. I just setup a wirelss network here at the house. The Card I got for my laptop was $54 .. Happened to go to Best Buy later in the day. The SAME EXACT card there was $89. Now why should I pay $35 more just "So Im not buying things from Wal-mart" .. That wouldnt make sense now would it???

11. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Walmart is great!
    I don't have any stock there, I don't work there and I don't have any relitives that work there.
    It serves it's purpose for my family. Some things I buy there, some I don't.
    Ive never had an issue if I had to return something.
    I have run into my fair share of dumb employees. Of course, I run into that everywhere.
    I had an uncle who worked for them many years ago. A drunk driver killed him.
    Walmart flew our whole family (huge family) into New Mexico for the funeral.
    They did not have to do that.
    Over all, I like their service, their prices and the goods they carry.

Don't let one bad apple skew your vision of the hundreds of thousands of people that Walmart employs.

12. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    the 5500 on up have the line out alarm "bait clicker"
    there was one model some wsc5000 that said it had alarm in its
    advertisement in BP but it didnt have it must have been a typo.
    6000 on up i think have it .
    not sayin the guy wasnt a dummy or whatever, but i think you are expecting too much out of a worker at a dept. store to know about a
    reel that to him/her may look like a piece of fishing equipment and nothing else.
    you yourself said that you walked out of the store and didnt realize the
    2 reels werent identical !
    i would have taken them out of the box and spun the handle and looked it over good before i purchased it.
    thats how i did my 6000c4 i got from BP
    in fact i asked him to get me another one and i ended up takeing the second one as the first one's box looked rough (possibly a return)...
    as far as trying to cut a deal with them on the 5000 good luck
    i tried to get a manager to come down on the price of a rod that someone had took the reel off of at walley and it was still priced as a combo less the reel
    he wasnt willing to give me a deal on it .
    guess if you are showing interest they think your tryin to put it to them just have to wait till it goes in the
    bargain bin.

13. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    That's why I but my serious stuff like reels and rods from places like catfish connection and actuall tackle shops. If you do buy stuff from walmart don't expect them to know allot about what they are selling you. In all actuallity YOU probably know way more about the equipment they are selling then the person selling it there because "most" of them are probably not avid anglers. Sorry to hear about your luck though. I've done stuff like that to when I get in a hurry. Hopefully they will swap it out for you.

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    For what they pay their workers, you can't expect to find many rocket scientists there. They have some good stuff but you had better know what you are looking for when you go. Although they advertise the best prices in town, you can't trust that. I had a job where I had to three price checks before buying anything and alot of the time the smaller stores in town were lower. Some of their sporting goods are factory seconds which is why they can sell them cheaper sometimes.

15. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Me neither J.W. That would be a first for me!

16. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    here is the pic if i am wrong tell me

Attached Files:

17. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    They barely make minamum wage and over work the kid probablie
    broke the lock out of rage.

18. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    I am very sorry that i run my mouth with out nowing what i was talking about it is a 5000 not a 6000 but THANK YOU VERY MUTCH JW BUT THE GUY AT THE STORE TOOLD ME IT WAS A 6000 IT IS MY FALT AND SHOULD HAVE PAYED MORE ATENTION TO IT SOME TIMES I GET MY HEAD UP MY A-- AND CAN'T SEE STRAIT THANK YOU YOURS TRUELY !

19. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good Man Don! I get fired up sometimes Myself. But it takes a good man to admit it. And that you are SIR! Rep points to you my friend. J.D.Straka A.K.A. Bigcatman0816.

20. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    bass pro or cabelas all the way wal-mart sucks