walmart tiger spinning reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slikk03, Jul 16, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol i know it sounds dumb but, , i see guys using them pulling in 50 pound flatheads, and thet are good casting reels,hows the drag i got alot of 15s on them, drag locked down lol

2. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    IN-47501
    Hey Slikk,

I have one but it is a baitcasting model. I have had it for about 3 years and no problems, quite suprised it has lasted this long. I have caught several fish on it, most recently a big carp this past weekend.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i was just thinking about getting a big okuma spinning reel, i need the best setuf for distace, im at a loss i don like slinging my good baitcasters for blues, and i dont know the right combot to get 75 yard with ten oz weghts,its hard wen you lack a boat

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    try an alvey reel, made in australia for surf fishing, I have 2 they are a little tricky to get used to but you can cast them a mile.

5. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Get ya a Shakespeare Alpha 80! I just got one, and I love it, it's the only spinning reel I've got.

6. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    I looked at those Alvey reels and them things are different now! I would like to get one of those for the fun of it but you have to get a matching rod or it will be a major pain it looks like.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I bought 1 a few years ago . Took it to Florida while there I caught several sharks not big ones tho. I did hook a huge sea turtle and the guys that were fishing beside me( locals) said it would go 100 plus . Got it to the peir then rod tip down it straightened the hook . It had me about spooled 3 or4 times . So needless to say I now have 2 of them. The key to the drag in my opinion is to keep it lubed . All reels work better that way . As far as distance I think the combo's come with a 7ft. rod I never have paid attention . But for longer casts get a longer rod and it will increase your distance.

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i heard, of them big okuma, spinning reels around 75 bucks will cast 100 yards out, catfishkid aka dan told me the model but i forget,so thats what i need, i dont need a differant rod, just a reel that will sail, and a baitcaster wont due that,