Walmart in Circleville....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Desperado, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I was at the Walmart yesterday in Circleville getting my hunting lic. to go out and dove hunt.The guy behind the counter told my friend and I, they are going to be taking the layaway out of the store here soon. Doing away with it completely. I asked why and he said they had a meeting that morning and they were going to have to charge for it, up to 6% of what you put in or just get rid of it. They are siding the getting rid of it across the board in all the stores. If this is true most families that rely on it for Christmas is going to have problems.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    My g/f that works at wal-mart also told me the same thing.Its supposed to happen at her store the 18th.Don't see how they can but they are.I don't think it will last though.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I tried to edit but got kicked off the line. you all know what I mean.

4. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    I read that WM has applied to open it's own bank. They are going to offer thier Credit Card in place of layaway is what the article said. I don't shop at WM myself, but that does suck for the people that rely on layaway for Xmas and such.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Don't get me wrong, I buy from Wal Mart too. But they have made some poor decisions in the past and it appears that they aren't stopping any time soon.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    As the competition dwindles Wal-Mart and their pardoner China are going places.Going on your money.My belief is that you ain;t seen nothing yet.They could never have done it without us.Customer service and care died with that elderly gentleman who collected buggies in the parking lot of the new stores when they opened.I remember when Wal-Mart was about you.Now it is about your money.peewee-williams

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I don't shop at walmart either unless I have to and they have made some bad decisions in the past but the banking thing I don't think will fly. It was on the news a few weeks ago about that and the gov is going to try an do something to stop it because walmart has done too much damage to some communities already with there retail stores. Some states and canada has past some laws to keep them from building stores because of how much they cost the states and they won't hire union help to build the stores or hire full time employees to work the stores.

8. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Amen, brother. Walmart ships money out of this country by the boatloads now that they only have to answer to a greedy board instead of Sam Walton, they no longer care about the American people.

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Agree With You All,it's A Shame That Wal-mart Has Changed So Badly That They Don't Even Advertise About Buying American Anymore, Which Is A Shame Since It Was Start As An American Chain With The Founder Beleiving In The American People.

10. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Whew! Fellas that some harsh opinions! They offer goods at a much cheaper than anyone else and i for one can't pass up cheaper. It is the same walmart for the most part. Watch a service desk and see how much merchandise will be brought back, some that wasn't even bought at walmart and i've seen them take it! There was a girl that brought back some shoes that had the soles wore off them here not to long ago and they reluctantly took them. I remember sam said "Why punish the good people over what 5% of the bad do?" It still is about the people. If you run into someone that isn't coordial and willing to help, make sure and talk to a manager about it. I'm certain it'll get dealt with in a timely manner.......

11. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    HOLEY CRAP CATMAN: This could be the most Catastrophe event to ever hit the United states!!!
    NOT TO WORRY BOBBEN, All the wallywould loyalist will be able to overcome this Catastrophe event and will return to there endless wandering of the roll upon roll of merchandise looking for the happy face that has the power to preform the neverending price roll-back and upon finding what they want they will need to pay cash. THEY WILL OVERCOME.!!

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now family I am preparing to say some things and I'm not meaning to step on toes so here goes nothin: Walmart is doing things all around the Board that I don't like.Doing away with lawaway is just one of em and I agree it's gonna be plenty hard on folks like me who are living each day financially on the grace of God.As you all know,my husband got hurt back in July 2004 and It has not been the same financially since then,as a matter of fact there have been buckets of tears shed! Anyway, a very good devout Christian man also a Boc Brother sent me thru private email an article that was sent to him from a profamily site. A site that wants us all to go back to where people had morals and were just plain good folks anyway in this article I recieved from him stated that Walmart has deciced to take up the Bandwagon for people of same sex getting married and it is my understanding that Walmart Corporate is footing the entire bill for some huge banquet. I am not ashambed to identify who it was that sent it as I don't think he would mind if I told.It was Fish.This article told everyone if they disaprove to sign a petion which I did and sent it.Hope I didn't step on toes everyone has the right to their opinion I was simply stating mine.I agree with PeeWee whole heartedly: Walmart is no longer for the little guy if they were these kinds of things would not happen it has become all about money and who has the most of it!---pk powell:sad2: