WalMart ChIcKeN LiVeR

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by indiana_fishin, Oct 12, 2005.

1. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    I go 2 wally world quite a bit and ive been scopin out this floating packaged liver in the fishin section.U guys know wut im talkin about?I was just thinkin it may actually work,that is if the fish will eat it.I was thinkin just put ur sinker like a foot up from ur hook,When u cast out the singer would hit bottom and the bait would float up a foot off bottem,so ud be good 2 go 4 some cats.Has anyone tried this stuff?

2. playinghooky

playinghooky New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds good please let us know if it works

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well if it float it would work. I fish alot of baits with small inline floats about 6" to 8" from the hook to hold bait up off the bottom. i must always fish with free moving sinker to let the bait move freely in the water. Same that the cats just hit and go when the bait is just floating around in the water. Let us know how it works out i havn't done very well with alot of the wally world baits but then they don't handle Danny Kings catfish bait. That a bait that will catch you some fish.

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Tim,
    Danny King is one of our sponsors. You can order bait from him there. Click on the sponsor link at the top of the page.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thats ok i'm the maryland Distribtor have lots great stuff .

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    HI. If you bought the silver package with clear backing. It has a picture of a rooster on the front with a cigar in his mouth. If it is the same one it didnt work for me i tried it about 4-5 times without so much of a nibble. Also gave some to my fishing buddy nada.

7. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i bought the blood and shad kind of floating chicken liver and neither one caught any fish after numerous times of fishing with it and to be honest the reason you cant catch catfish with it is because there isnt a blood trail or any kind of trail what so ever to draw them toward it just a nasty rancid smell and that doesnt always work lol the theory behind it sounds great but it is one of those catch fishermen not catfish baits lol sorry if you guys wasted the money on it already but if you can somehow get it to hold blood in it to release in the water you might have a good use for it lol anybody know where to buy blood itself? lol

8. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I tried that stuff. the floatin chickenlivers from walmart. I did not catch a dang thang. And I thought it would surely work cause it was on clearence for 2 bucks and that was purty high priced fishin bait.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    When was the last time you tried it? The reason Im asking is becuase this summer/fall here in Ohio they havnt been biting much and could have been caused by the weather.

10. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    ryan i tried using them about 2 weeks ago and still didnt get a bite on em
    i even tried them at the pond where i know there are catfish there lol they cant swim away so i chalked it up as not worth the time trying again lol i have been known to actually go back to a bait after a while so i might try it later but for now im not wasting my time with em lol

11. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Does the pre packaged bait from walmart work??????? woo hoo thats a good one.... :rolleyes:

egg

12. trad_archer

trad_archer New Member

State:
    Cook Springs, AL
    I have to agree with everyone else. I took some kids to our small pond and bought some of that floating liver as well as regular liver. The idea was that the kids wouldnt sling it off the hook as easy. I was right; couldnt sling it of nor could we get a fish to eat it off. The regular liver worked fine though. Maybe you could soak it in liver juice? Give it a try, might work in your neck of the woods....shane

13. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Sounds like the packaged shad they have too. From what I've seen, non of the packaged stuff from wally world works. I've never tried the floating liver, but the packaged shad doesn't work worth a flip.

14. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    LOL...Thats good they sucker you into buying liver that floats to tell you it works better off the bottom. You just and to tie a basic loop rig and the bait is off the bottom (sinker on the end of the line with a dropper loop about 2 ft. up the line, using a tight line) and you can buy reg. liver from the grocery and get twice as much liver.

15. crazy_crappie88

crazy_crappie88 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Al
    Nope never tried it but if u rig it up like u said ,it would probally work out great.All i can say is buy some and try it ,you might not regret it.