Wallula

Discussion in 'LOCAL WASHINGTON TALK' started by Lonster, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Lonster

Lonster New Member

State:
    Washington
    Went fishing for some cats at the mouth and noticed a few people bobber fishing for steelhead. After no luck for cats i ran home and grabbed my steelie gear, Used a pink jig with sand shrimp, no luck but had fun none the less. The steelhead count coming over bonneville is friggin ridiculous, 1700 fish an hour. They seem to be running late as with both salmon and steelhead have been the last few years. Should be pretty good fishing in the next few weeks.

Lonnie

2. Steelie L

Steelie L New Member

State:
    Washington
    Yeah, I've heard the same thing about the Bonneville counts. Keep us posted as to how you do. That would be an awesome double to catch a steelie and a cat on the same day. I've got to put that on my to-do list. Good luck!

3. argeldeggy

argeldeggy New Member

State:
    WA
    I've fished the Walulla for Catfish and have had good luck there but only catching max of 5 pound cat, I have also seen people fishing for Steelhead, however I have not actually saw anyone catch any steelhead.
    Ice Harbor is much better for Steelhead

4. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    there aren't many big cats in the Walla Walla river at the end of the summer, spring & early summer are great times to get 10-15 lb cats out of there. I know that the flat inbetween the Potlatch pulp mill & the Walla Walla delta has a big zebra muscle bed & in the spring the cats lay on it & gorge themselves at night. I have yet to fish it but I have seen some of the fish that have been taken out of there, 20 lb +. Just upstream from the grain bin there is great spot to fish fopr Steelhead Sept-Nov, but after that they are real scarce & bite real light, the Snake picks up in Nov, I fish at Fish hook park or the park just behind Ice Harbor I think it is called Charbenou, also behind Lower Mounumental Dam is good for Steelhead 7 cats. If you can get down in front of Ice Harbor, Lower Mounumental, & Little Goose dam there is decent cats & sturgen.