Wallie Marshell

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by CountryCarp14, Jan 6, 2007.

1. CountryCarp14

CountryCarp14 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    For christmas i got a new real and it is the Wallie Marshell crappie deluox i was wanting to no if it is any good

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    My partner and I have several Wally Marshall rods and we love them. I have one of his crappie reels, works well for me. I think you'll be happy with it. Good luck!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jon that was a good gift. It does an excellent job on those crappie. Keep us posted and add some pics on how many fish you catch with that rod.:cool2: :cool2:

4. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Kevin,what model rod and what length Wally Marshall do you have. I have been thinking about getting a couple this spring.I saw several models and lengths in the Bass pro book. Any info would be appreciated... Allen

5. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Are in MHO the best ones he has out, IM-8 with cork handles. They are a little stiffer than his Universal Crappie rods which are IM-6 and softer. I use the Pro's in my hands and the others in rod holders. Easier to detect a bite in the holders with the softer rod in MHO. Different strokes for different folks. I love the feel of cork and the thump which comes thru better with the IM-8. I have two 8' and two 9' in the Pros and two 10' and two 11' in the others. Hate to tell you but last month they had the Pro's on sale at the web site for $20 off each.

6. trsteele

trsteele New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have several Wally Marshall Rod and Reels good merchandise

7. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    They are really great for doodling in structure, they don't wear you out holding them because they are lite. One thing they don't hold up to, and it is my fault, is trolling and getting a hold of 2 lb+ white bass, SNAP, just know its limits.:cool2:

8. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Wally Marshall is a great guy!!! i was at BPS in Grapvine, Tx and i saw him talking to another guy, i never get star struck...except for tv hunting and fishing personalities, so i evesdropped he was giving tips for catching early spring slabs. later we introduced ourselves, and he gave me advice, and i was buying one of his rod and reel combo's anyhow, my fiance lost it in the lake and i dont like diving into deep cover based piers, and he took me by the arm to the front of the store and gave me his discount. he is alright in my book, cause hes big and i know him.:cool2:

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I think santa did you well!
    Bill

10. CountryCarp14

CountryCarp14 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I caught about 30to40 crappie with that reel it hodes up well i think it was right for the price