Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the pictures of walleye caught on the Schuylkill (Thanks Tan!) and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on catching them. I would love to catch a walleye--would be my first.:wink:

Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
well, nows the time. fish relatively slow and deep with jigs like zooms and bass assassins. curlytail grubs and gulp will get the job done too. keep experimenting with length/color combos and presentations until the fish tell you what they like. good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Even though the water is still in the forties, low light periods and overcast days will produce best. Once the water warms up some more, night will be your best chance. Cranks, sus. jerkbaits, grubs, senkos as well as lures mentioned above will all work as long as you keep it glued to the bottom or just off bottom. If it's cold out and the sky looks like snow, go walleye fishing.

My buddy got a 22"er this weekend on the Delaware and I heard about a few more from some weekend reports. I'm walleyeless for 2008 so far, but I have strictly chased smallmouth since the first of the year. I usually get an accidental walleye catch while smallie fishing this time of year though.

Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.