Walleye on the Schuylkill River?!?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by alpal16, Mar 1, 2008.

1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I have seen the pictures of walleye caught on the Schuylkill (Thanks Tan!) and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on catching them. I would love to catch a walleye--would be my first.:wink:

Thanks

2. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    Name:
    your first name
    well, nows the time. fish relatively slow and deep with jigs like zooms and bass assassins. curlytail grubs and gulp will get the job done too. keep experimenting with length/color combos and presentations until the fish tell you what they like. good luck!

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Rapala Taildancers

4. rgmatt

rgmatt New Member

State:
    Delaware River,Pa
    Even though the water is still in the forties, low light periods and overcast days will produce best. Once the water warms up some more, night will be your best chance. Cranks, sus. jerkbaits, grubs, senkos as well as lures mentioned above will all work as long as you keep it glued to the bottom or just off bottom. If it's cold out and the sky looks like snow, go walleye fishing.

My buddy got a 22"er this weekend on the Delaware and I heard about a few more from some weekend reports. I'm walleyeless for 2008 so far, but I have strictly chased smallmouth since the first of the year. I usually get an accidental walleye catch while smallie fishing this time of year though.

Matt

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Here's probably the biggest walleye of 08 for me. Fat and full of eggs.

6. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    That is a nice one!!:cool2:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    theres actually other species besides flatheads in that river?:wink: maybe the state should stock more flatheads to help with the over abundance:smile2: rollo

8. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Awesome lookin Wally! Fat & Sassy!

9. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    They dont come much better than that Blacky, she should plant a lot of seed's.:wink:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Schuylkill is the greatest river in Pennsylvania (next to the Susky of course).

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :crazy: Say what! :crazy: Blacky are you on any medication? :wink: :smile2:

12. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    The Susky is an awsome river. I lived in the harrisburg area most of my life growing up. One of my friends cought over 50 walleye in 1 night last week.