Walleye fishing at Saverton or Clarksville dams

Discussion in 'Walleye Fishing' started by BILLY HOLCOMB, Nov 28, 2007.

1. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    DOES ANYONE FISH FOR WALLEYE AT SAVERTON,CLARKSVILLE,OR WINFIELD DAMS ON THE MISSISSIPPI?IF SO HOW IS THE FISHING AND WHAT ARE YOU USING??

2. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Billy, great place to get and share info for the latest update. I fish Clarksville most of the time starting around mid Dec. Last winter it was slow and spotty, the year before was very good. I use 6 lb fireline with around ½ ounce jig tipped with a large shiner and use a stinger. 75% of the fish I catch are on the stinger. Vertical fish keep touching bottom to about 6 inches off, when you feel any weight then follow thru setting the hook with a very loose drag. You will appreciate every fish you catch as well as for tablefare. Good luck, and keep us posted as to how you do, that’s what makes this platform so informative, everybody’s feed back. Welcome again Billy

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I haven't gotten out to do any walleye fishing yet. I'm in Quincy and have fished Saverton a time or 2, but would think you would have better luck on the IL side. Just a guess.

Eric
    PS Welcome to the BOC

4. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Yep, Winfield, Clarksville and Savorton all have a back current on the Ill. side plus a Rip Rap bank that hold walleye... you'll see the boats there just using their trolling motors following their line to keep it vertical. Now up your way Eric below Quincy Dam it's the Mo. side... Water temp is dropping good and it should start anytime now..... I can taste those fillets aready

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, I've been wanting to get over there on the Mo. side of the Quincy dam, but don't have a boat. I have a friend who just got one though.

6. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INPUT. I WILL BE GOING OUT ON SUNDAY WITH MY TWO BROTHERS AND WILL POST HOW MY DAY WENT.NOT SURE WICH DAM YET BUT CANT WAIT.AGAIN THANK YOU AND IF YOU HEAR ANYTHING LET ME KNOW.

7. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    ANY BODY DOING ANYGOOD AT SAVERTON OR WINFIELD??? I WENT TO CLARKS LAST THURSDAY AND DID NOTHING.

8. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    IM CATCHING WALLEYE BY THE LIMITS. JUST WENT JAN 06,2008 AND LIMITED OUT!!! IS ANY ONE CATCHING THEM AT WINFIELD OR SAVERTON??