Walley Trip on Erie with the old Man

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stlcatman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I got a call from my dad at 4:30 on Friday letting me know that the walley on Erie had started to bite. He had just gotten his boat out of storage and was putting it in the water. I made a snap decision and was on my way by 5:15.

The weather was great and the roughest the lake got was 2ft ers and his boat handles those with ease. Most of the time up there the water was calm and the fish were biting. The FLW tournament was wrapping up on Saturday and the guy who won it was staying at the same place as us. When we brought our fish in on Saturday to the resort he came over and started talking to us. He had just won 100 grand. Man that is a serious chunk of change.

We hit most of our fish on reef runners 20' down in 40' of water and the rest on worm harnesses 55' back behind the boards. We ended up catching our limit both days (wich is 4 per person) and on Sunday we were culling fish. I think our 2 day total was right at 130 lbs of walley. We could only keep 8 a day so I ended up bringing around 100 lbs back with me.

This was a great trip, we didn't catch the numbers that we usually do but the smallest fish was 4 lbs and the biggest was my new PB that came in right at 11.2 lbs and that is 2 tenths of a lb not 2 oz.:cool2::smile2: My dad would not pick up the rod to fight a fish unless it was a double so I ended up catching all of the fish except for three of them. I caught 10 fish over 7 lbs durring the two days, one was the 11.2 and another was 10.5 and I also caught a 9.5. and 8 and several just over 7; Did I mention it was a great trip:tounge_out:. It is always fun when I get to go fishing with my dad, besides the fact that he knows how to find those fish up there. It wasn't all that fun driving the 16 hrs round trip but well worth it. I included some pictures, they were all taken on my phone so they turned out kind of bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    those are some dang nice eyes.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Wow Ryan! :crazy: Those are some awesome Walleyes! :cool2: Congrats on the great catch! :big_smile:

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Thos elook bigger than the walleyes i've seen on tw when they fish the flw tour:eek:oooh::smile2:!!!!!

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Nice eyes brother! We go up every year and do a little smallmouth fishing caint wait for aug to get here.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    nice walleyes :big_smile: :cool2:

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats some nice Walleyes.