Wall hanging 110 conibears

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by sds888, Jul 19, 2007.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I know a lot of yall do not deal with this unless you do NWC but I figured I would get some other opions. When a squirrel is getting into a wall or an attic it is really easy to trap them over their hole with a 110. Now the question comes in how would you attach a 110 to the side of the house to where it is stable. I have tried many diferent places to place screws on them but really not something I like yet. Lately I have just been hanging the top of the trap on two screws which works but not as well as I would like. Just a note I am not a welder have really have no access to a welder. Thanks I always love popsting these kind of question because you can get a lot of good ideas.

*Note in some places it is illegal to place a conibear on the side of the house or in some areas you have to obtain a depredation permit. If you have just gotten the idea from me that this is a great way to catch squirrels, which it is, check with your local game laws please.*

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    They make a bracket just for sets like that. Its called a Coni-Bracket. Seen them is several catalogs for $7.95 a dozen. I have done similar sets by using concrete nails. The kind with two heads. I use 4 nails, 2 on either side of the jaws. They work but I doubt if its as slick as the bracket.

3. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Get some 1'X2" cage wire & make a square "sleeve" that your 110 will fit inside. It'll be alot easier to attach this sleeve to the wall. I'd think by doing as you currrently are (hanging the 110 on nails) that when it fired, it would push itself off the wall due to the action of the trap as it fires. The trap would need 3" or so in order to fire unhindered. The sleeve I mentioned would do this, and the squirrel could use the wire sleeve to climb over to get into the open end, then into the trap. lol, hope this makes sense.

Also, I have a friend who makes the RBG (Round Body Grip) Traps, and I believe he makes one around 3.5" diameter. He doesn't retail, sells to dealers only, so you might look online at a trapping supplier catalog. Might be something that could be handy for situations you're describing.

You didn't mention what type of squirrels your dealing with, but if it's pineys/ground squirrels, get yourself some large wooden rat traps.

Smitty

4. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    thanks for the replies. I have seen those round traps and they are my next purchase but they are expensive. I need some of 2.5" ones but they are like 8.95 a piece then the bracket is another good price. But I really like the design and it would really work in several deffent things I come up on. I have looked for those other bracket for the 110 but really havent found anything struck me as worth buying but I will look again. I have a few major suppliers that I go through but I will look at some of the other ones. Thanks