Walking the tightrope!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Mar 31, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    OK, for all those people with kids, wives, jobs, yard work, house work, and any other things that goto be done how do you get enough time to fish. I foundly remember the care free days of fishing not so long ago, but lately I feel like i'm walking the tightrope! Trying to balance time, manage time. I do get to fish, just wish I could get more time fishing. The wife only likes "big boat fishing", or salt water fishing but can't get her to go fishing in the 14' jon boat.

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My wife can't stand to fish but once in a great while she will go. She takes a book and reads all day in the sun.
    Bill:) :)

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Copycat, my plan is to do my yard work in the evenings after my 8 hr. job. I then go inside and wash up, eat supper and then play with my kids until their bedtime. (which is around 8:00 pm) Then it's time for the housework, me and the wife usually tagteam this chore. After an hour of housework, I can finally sit down and relax with wife for awhile. All this for a good fishing trip, well worth it! Now for the record, my 8 hr. job consists of mainly computer and office work, I only work on the yard 1-2 evenings a week, and the housework is maybe 2-3 nights a week. So all this is not that hard to tackle after you get use to it.

4. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm with ya on that one.My plan is about the same,after the yard work,supper,and everybody goes to bed:'IT'S NITEFISHIN TIME'

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Ahhh, he he, rub it in why don't ya. lol

6. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I'm retired as well...but I won't rub it in to much. I do love to fish but
    seems that I sometimes find it hard to get away...honestly I can't see
    how I had to work. Don't feel bad guy...it doesn't get any easier...:sad:

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    You look much to young for retirement, or maybe im doin something wrong?

8. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Mine is about the same routine. I come home from work and do outside work the kids help sometime and the wife. The kids home school so they do inside chores when I'm at work after their school work. They don't mind it they have plenty of time on their hands, playstation,xbox. But it leaves fishing time on the weekends for all of us, and sometimes just me.

9. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    maybe i shouldnt post [please no neg reps] i have no family, the grass gets mowed 4 times a year, and at least 2 days a week i leave work at 3pm to get a early start fishing. if i dont leave early i hit the river directly after at 5pm. if i vaccume and pick up one room each morning before i go to work, the house stays pretty neat through out fishing season. i thought about getting a girl friend, but then i would have some one asking me why i thought i needed to fish 4 or 5 days a week. so that idea went out the window quick and in a hurry.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    All that fishin must be keeping you retired guys lookin young! lol

11. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    The pic was taken in 1999 the year I retired
    today I'm sixty two...thanks for the kind words.

12. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    My wife didnt like my little boat. Said it made her nervous. I pulled up to the dock and asked her to move to the motor so I could tie us off. I got out and kicked her away from the dock and into open water. She was furious. I told her the only way back was to drive it and I would go get the trailer. She took off and had a blast in the lil boat. But it was mighty cold in the truck on the ride home. Now she loves to go out.

13. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Sounds to me you missed the opportunity to buy a new bigger boat! LOL