Walking in on a drug house

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Aug 12, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    today i went into a house that was supposedly abandon due to an
    eviction .
    i was told to secure it over the weekend by the office i work for
    they manage the property and had previously owned it.
    ive worked on the house over the past several years from time to time.
    after knocking and no answer i opened it up witth my pass key and heard
    the sound of a fan or ac unit behind a sheet covered doorway hideing
    the living room.
    pulling back the curtain a bit reveiled a strewn living room with 2 couches and a fan on a milkcrate and a window ac unit on .
    i hollared out land lord and no response so i went in to each room and sure enough the beds and dressers were gone there was a couple kazillion cock roaches everywhere and i went back into the living room through an opposite doorway from kitchen .
    this reveiled the AC unit room from a different vantage and i seen a rifle
    in the corner muzzle down.
    i thought it was a toy or a old bb gun but when i lifted it up i knew i had
    picked up a real automatic weapon.
    after thinking great i got my prints on this i had to either put it down and
    call police waiting outside or stay by this thing and make sure someone that could have been hideing in the basement or came back in through the door didnt retrieve it possibly killing me or later someone else.

i removed the clip and the chambered round and called police
    1 hour later an officer arrived and picked it the bannanna clip round and a digital drug scale that i also found and put it in the squad car .there waas a pyrex vial that looked like it was used to make drugs and there were boxes of sandwich bags .
    someone was useing the place to make and wrap their drugs to sell.
    he asked me my name but didnt do much in the way of takeing efforts to not handle the weapon smugging or adding more prints.
    he did thank me for helping get a dangerous weapon off the streets
    im just glad i didnt open up the door and have the owner of that aiming it down my throat:crazy:

2. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    man you was lucky.those people on drugs are crazy.you would think the police would be more careful with loosing finger prints. my truck was broke into one night and they did nothing.im not running down the police but they could do more.just my opinon.

robbie

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Be snoopy first ,ya got to be careful , people are cooking anywhere and everywhere , remember this when ya go out hunting or fishing , some of these people don't play . It's how they survive and like us ,"Their" survival comes first .
    Brian

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Glad you are still with us Darrell. Sounds like a crack house. You are a lucky man, indeed! Your guardian Angel was with you, no doubt. I HATE CRACK. Makes me mad to just think about it.

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That situation could have been a lot worse if you walked in on them while they were there. Glad your ok.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Darryl, the Creator was truly looking out for you on this one! You definitely did the right thing, and probably saved somebody's life in the process.

7. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That sounds too close for me...
    Glad you're safe! Someone's really lookin out for you

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Glad to hear everything worked out okay.
    In my line of work I have to go into peoples houses to install Satellite systems. I come on all kinds. After a couple the last summer I've decided that if it looks suspicious I find a reason to leave quick.
    I can't believe the funk that people fall into and live in. The smell and the mess is indescribable. Its amazing how people and kids can live in those conditions.
    After reading/researching the health hazards involved I'm afraid to go home around my family, after setting foot in some places.
    thanks
    Larry

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    i Am glad you din`t walk in on them brother God was with you they could have boby traped it to them people only think about the dollor lives don`t mean anything to them

10. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    dang...glad nobody was home...:crazy: That could've turned for the worst. Good thing you DID get that gun outta the wrong hands, too. No good can come from an automatic rifle and drugs....

-Red

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Your a lucky man. Thanfully no one ws there to do anything to you. Glad the gun got off of the street and maybe the drug dealer decided that he won't go back now that the police will be watching the place.

12. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    I am just glad no one was there with you brother, that could have been a dangerous thing to walk into. But most of all brother I am glad it turned out the way it did.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad everything turned out OK brother.

I am in the hood alot late at night, it can be scary in neighborhoods ya dont know.

14. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Hey Bro your vary lucky the cook wasn't there,Sounds like a class 1 meth room. Those guys are so freaked out from that crap eating their mind up they will attack you in a second for no reason. If you would have walked in on him he would have used that gun on you,no if ands or buts about it.

Now if your gonna have to work in this house you should be vary carefu handling anything that seems out of the norm. Ware a mask before intering this house again and carefully check the WHOLE house for any type of Chem's,hot plates,glass jars and such. Open evey window in the house as soon as you can & if you find anything like what's listed about get out of the house and call the cop's back to have them remove it.

15. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Glad you are ok and had enough since to call the police, it's a shame they don't hunt them people down like the vermin they are, and treat them that way!!!

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep , sounds like a bad place to have been ,and so the rest of you know the only time the law finger prints is in the event of a death iv asked for it in this town too they said its a waste of time and money course i live in a small town

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darryl, interesting post, glad everything went ok.

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    My brother and his boy were rabbit hunting last winter at his property. There is a dirt road that runs along his land and they were walking along the road. They had a fresh snow on the ground and noticed tire tracks, they then noticed fresh foot prints leading into there timber. They followed the foot prints into the timber and they lead them to a meth cooking station all set up and going. The sheriff came and collected it all. I would have thought they would have steaked out the area until the crack heads came back so they could have caught them. You gotta watch your back out there, these people set them up in the middle of the country or any where and as outdoorsmen we are in these areas a lot.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Darrell,
    You can get that crap in your system by inhaling or just driving be a meth lab. Your pores absorb it. If you feel strange or bad in anyway, get to a hospital and tell them about this scenerio.
    Take car.

20. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC

ya hes right you could have been killed be verey thankfull i would