Walked Into A good Buy

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Spider, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Was at Cabela's today just roaming around for something to do with no intention of buying anything. Got to the Bargin Cave and spied an ABU 6601CB reel, (4 bearing, lefthand, clicker). It was in a case and I couldn't see the price so I got the guy to get it out for me to look at. Reel in perfect condition and I don't see a single things wrong with it.
    Got the reel loaded with what looks like Fireline Tracer Briad line in about 30 or 50#. Cost was $42.20 with tax. Unusual because I rarely have good luck.
    So the day wasn't a total waste. :roll_eyes:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Every now and then,even a blind squirrel stumbles upon an acorn!:big_smile:.LOL . Congrats on a good find.!

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a worthwhile stroll to me. Congrats and hope you catch a big 'un first time out. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    good deal, i haven't been up to cabela's in a couple months, last time i was in that bargin cave alot of the stuff in there was missing parts or been in there forever, they need ta have a big sale and clear out alot of that stuff in the bargin cave, it was funny we were lookin at a fishfinder and it was missing the transducer, and it was the same price as a new fishfinder that had all the parts anyway we asked for a lower price cause it didn't have tha transducer and the salesman told us the transducer was an extra :smile2:

5. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Yeah, you have to watch the Bargin Cave stuff. That's all discontinued or returned stuff. I've seen some real junk in there at about the same price as new. Like you said, parts missing. I've even seen many rods with the tips busted off at like half the original cost! They should be glad if somebody would give them $5 for a busted rod.
    I just got finished stripping down and cleaning/lubing the reel I bought in the Cave and there isn't a single thing wrong with it. Like a new one and even the line appears new after i removed about 5 yards. maybe someo ne bought it and couldn't cast a baitcast and brought it back? doesn't matter to me, I got a good buy and have another cat reel. Already had a rod to put it one.

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    yea you'd think they would really slash the prices on alot of that stuff in there just to get it out the door

7. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Yeah you have to really check stuff out in the Bargin Cave because a good part of it is junk. I've seen broken rods marked at crazy prices that should have been like $5 to hope someone buys them.
    The transducer is "extra"? That guy was a real genious. The cave is a place I generally don't even go in because most of it is stuff people returned or it's just junk. I lucked out with seeing the reel. I took it apart to inspect, clean, lube; and it's in perfect condition and the line actually looks like power pro in about 30# test. The first couple yards were fading so I cut that off when I spooled the line back on. I had an empty rod so now I have another rig that will be great for channel cat fishing at a cost of $42.20. Nearest I can figure, new the reel and line would be about $100 give or take.