Walhonding River - or is it a waste of time?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by jerryb, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Was just wondering if it's worth it to give the Walhonding a shot by the dam in Walhonding, or would it be better to just keep headin' east on go on to Coshocton and the Muskingum? It's been several years since I've been there, so don't have any idea what it's like now...

I'm thinking the next decent day we have I may try one of the rivers...

Jack - before you say it, I didn't mention the Kokosing cuz I don't wanna fish it out.... gotta keep it a secret, ya noed...:wink:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jerry, the walhounding is a good river to fish, and is overlooked, you also have the tusky right there as well. i fish all three rivers. just kinda up to you i guess. i think you would probably do better on the muskingum though..rollo

3. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, Jason... looking for a spot that's not too overcrowded, has a chance of having something in it worth bragging about (at least something respectable), and, unfortunately (for the time being) with access from the bank... I know that's a lot of restrictions, but what the heck - it's all good! :big_smile:

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    There are good spots at both. I have never had much luck at Mohawk Dam and it is a long walk down. There are several places to pull off and fish the Walhonding, the Tusc, The Muskingum, and Wills Creek. When it gets warm, call me and you me and Jack can do a boat trip.

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jerry if you want to catch fish don't go out with the loanwizard lol. Just Kidding! You cannot catch them from the couch. Get out there and fish. Use live and cut baits and you WILL catch catfish. Its all in the bait. You will need to put in some time on the water before you can target their locations consistantely. But if you use the right baits you will catch many more than if you use worms and liver lol. Once you start catching fish, you can dial in the circumstances when you catch them, and start catching more or larger fish.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you can't catch them from the couch...unless you are fishing on the X-Box!! lol:big_smile: rollo

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, Shawn! I'll be doing some scouting in the next couple of weeks (hopefully the white death won't be too bad... :big_smile:

I'll take you up on your offer!

8. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Believe me, Skip - I ain't been sitting on the couch! I went a whole two weeks without going out, and was going thru some serious withdrawals!!

I went out this past Sunday mainly to play with my new combo (which, btw, is sweeeet!).... caught some channels, but nothing of note... was out until I couldn't stand the rain no more...

My wife's ready to have me committed.

9. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heck... I can't play those video games worth a hoot... my son takes immense pleasure in pressuring me to play one against him and then thoroughly layin' a whuppin' on me...

The sacrifices we make for our kids, huh? :smile2: