Wal-Mart Supercenter QUESTION

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 6, 2009.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    DOES THE WALMART SITE TO STORE MEAN THAT IF ITS ON THE SITE ITS AT A SUPERCENTER ????????????????

I AM PROBBLY THE ONLY ONE IN OUR TOWN THAT HASNT BEEN TO THE NEW WALMART OR( SUPERWALMART ) :tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

2. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Hi Leroy, I think what your asking is if you order from the web site, you can have it shipped to the store closest to your location. I have done this several times. These were items not regularly stocked in the stores but is more like a special order. Sometimes there is a shipping charge but not 100% sure about that.

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    IM ACTUALLY LOOKING AT SOME FISHING COMBOS THAT IM PLANNING ON GETTING BUT I PLAN ON GOING TO GET THEM.................... IVE SEENS STUFF ON KMART BUT IT ONLINE THAT WASNT THERE ON THE LOCATION:angry:

MY RASON IM LOOKING AT THIS STUFF IS I SAW THE BASS COMBOS MY DAD AND I GOT FOR 24.00 2 YEARS AGO ARE NOW 40.00 AT KMART ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:confused2:

ALL FISHING LINES HAVE GONE UP ABOUT $2-3 SO I DONT THINK ILL GOT TO KMART OFTEN ANYMORE :embarassed:

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No, that's not what it means. If you see an item at walmart on line and it is designated a site to store item then after you by it it will be shipped to what ever walmart you want for free. They will send you an e mail when it gets there in 5 to 7 days. Hope this answers your question.:big_smile:

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    And, although I hate to be the one to burst your bubble...EVERYTHING is going up. Except salaries, of course.

6. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Leroy, I'd just go to the stores and look, both stores have a lot of markdown items more so for Kmart since they haven't done well for a few years now. I've found combo rods and reels marked down as much as 60% at the Kmart close to my house. Good luck

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

SO IF I GET A RIG AND IT BREAKS I HAVE TO GO TO WALMART AND THEYLL HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIKE 30 DAYS WORTH OF CRAP TO REFUND MONEY...............RIGHT ??????????????????

THATS ALWAYS MY LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

LeRoy:smile2:

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

KMART HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD TO ME BUT THERES JUST SOMETHING ABOUT PAYING WAY MORE THEN SOMETHING IS WORTH :tounge_out:

I GUESS IM GOING TO WALMART IN A BIT :wink:

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    On there website under the price it should say availability. There should be three options. Online, in store and site to site. If there is a green check next to in store, then it is an item that is stocked in the stores. Some items have a link next to "in store" that says "find in store." Click on that and it will tell you like the 5 closest stores to you after you put in your zip code and how many each of them stores currently has in stock. If it doesn't have the find in store link, you will have to call them or go there.

10. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    the combo's you get at super stores look real good and price to sell, Take a good look at them, most are made cheap so they do sell, just because they have a name brand on it does not make it top of the line, many reels have bushings insted of bearings, the rods guides are at most times bent or cheap, you get what you pay for, if you go to a good sporting goods, you at most times can put together a better combo that fit's your needs for just a few dollars more, If price is driving you then go for it, but i would take my time and do some shopping, check out places like dicks, sports athourty, gander mt, ect. as well you may find a better combo for the same price, Line is always on sale somewhere so don't be a one store shopper, when i go shopping for anything i take my time and make mental notes where, how much, how well its made, you always can go back. I don't know bout you when i get a "deal" and it turns out to be trash i tend to kick myself in the butt for not sticking to my plan, the price is always the best way to go.

11. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I am a believer that the retail world works a certain way,after working in the auto industry I realized that what my mom always told me just might be true.

Ok here goes (regards mostly made in america stuff) stuff made on Mondays and Fridays gets shipped to the bargain stores.Stuff made Tues,Wed,Thurs go to your better retailers.Chances are thing made on Mon and Fri and certain other days of the year are hastily made and inferior to regular weekday made products,these are sent to bargain stores because since people are saving a few bucks they are less likely to complain if it breaks.

I dunno if it holds alot of water but thats my belief also. Never buy from the front of the shelf or rack because everyone and thier brother has probably fiddled with that fishing rod in the front or toaster or DVD player increasing your chances of getting "defective" equiptment.

12. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    Walmart at one time had decent stuff. Once Sam Walton died and his kids took over they started to go down hill. When was the last time you saw a sign that said American made. That used to be one of their advertising campains. Now they buy the cheapest products so that they can make the highest profit margins. If I have the money I go to a sporting good store and buy their products. If i need something like hooks or sinkers I will buy them at Walmart but anything else I don't