Wal-mart doing away with lay-away.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Sep 14, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    What are your all's thoughts on this.My g/f works there and told me her store is starting that Sept.18 and its supposed to be company wide by Nov. I think that will hurt a lot of people that rely on it for Christmas and other holidays.It doesn't surprise me any,I worked there for almost 7 years and anything they do doesn't surprise me.

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    If they did do that, it would never last, they would loose alot of business and they would see that and bring it back real fast. imho

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's stupid of them to do, my grandma loves lawaway there around Christmas, and I know a lot of other people that love it also. Why are they doing away with it?

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree,I don't think it will last.Thats what I told my g/f,she said they had a meeting about it yesterday and thats the plan.Makes me dislike the company even more than I already do...

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Not sure but I think they claim its costing them too much money...LOL,yeh right!

6. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    It was on the National News tonight that they were doing away with it. Join a Christmas Club at your local bank. I think you put in so much a week and if you do it every week without missing they make the last payment for you. Be surprised how fast it adds up, we did it when we had kids at home and it was easy.

7. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just another reason for me not to go to Wal-mart.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It is the power of the dollar. Probably ran surveys which said people would buy the product wether lay-a-way was available or not. A dollar in hand is worth two in the bushes, or...was that birds. Oh well, they'll do what they want, they are the giant.

9. Locke

Locke New Member

State:
    IL
    Doesn't bother me. Layaway is pretty much pointless. Just save up your money and then buy what you want. You don't need a store to hold an item and make payments on it. You still don't have the item...

10. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence