Wal Mart closeout prices

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Big Dav, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Just got back from two area Wal Marts and they both have put the yearly clearance prices on the selected items for the year. Had some terminal tackle, rods, reels, cast nets, and boating accessories marked down. I was searching for some pedestal bases. The were almost $19.00 everyday for the 7"x7" stainless bases and now they are marked down to $11.00 each. Pretty good savings. They had lots of other things on mark down so check in you area and see if you can find anything you might need and save a few $$$.:big_smile:
    I saw a few items marked down a couple of weeks ago but not like this.

Hope this helps someone out,
    David

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was there the other day and they had alot of reels in a basket but they didn't have any prices on them yet. I need to get back and check it out.:smile2:

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Our Wal Mart is due for a facelift and I found out the other day that when they do it they are gonna get rid of the fabric and crafts dept all together.

This means all the slip float and carolina rig beads we used to buy out of the craft dept. will no longer be there:eek:oooh:

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I spoke with a young (new) guy at one of the stores and he said they had be working on they new displays and mark downs over the couple days and just got done today. Still waiting on some new items to arrive. I did see several new items already on the shelves that were not there last week. :big_smile:

Thanks
    David

5. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Beleive it or not my wife called the other day and said they had fishing stuff marked way down..I told her to buy as much as she wanted, i now have probably 30 packs of worm hooks from 2/0 to 4/0 lizards, floats, and spinnerbaits..I went the next day and bought a truck load of brass bullet weights, yesterday they had the stuff marked down again and she bought several more packs of hooks that were 2.00 for .38 cents.. On the other hand we went to another walmart 20 miles away and the very same items were only marked down from 2.00 to 1.75..woohoo big savings!!:smile2:

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    That is what i was saying. They had a few things marked down a little but now they are actually dirt cheap on some of the things they want gone. As good of savings that I have seen at WM in years. They always have some stuff, cut a little this time of year but not like I saw tonight.:big_smile: Usually 10 - 20 % at tops and then it all gets gone pretty fast.:eek:oooh: Must not have sold what they wanted to fast enough this year and had to cut deeper into the price.

Thanks
    David

7. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Picked up a red Ambassadeur 6000 for 35 bucks. Didn't really need it, but what's a guy to do?

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I'll be headed there tomorrow to see if I can find any deals. :wink:

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    i looked at the Abu's and they did not have any of them marked down.... Yet, I hope.:big_smile::roll_eyes:

Thanks
    David

10. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    walmart just had their year end meetings and are clearing out their old to make room for their new stuff

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You all are lucky.I don't think our little WaL Mart every marks down fishin stuff.Unless your a Ba$$ fisherman that is. Lot of it marked down.
    As far as the ABU 5000 and6000 reel they have disapeared competely from the racks. One day there ,next gone.Only thing they have is the 6000 combo for $69.00.Thats the price everday. Where the reels were they have some cheap reels there now.
    They did have 3 Hawg Seeker combos on the rack but they didn't last long.$39.96 each.Hopefully they will get more of them in but, won't hold my breath.Not with this Wally World.:sad2:

12. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Cool man thanks im going to check it out.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i just got a ton of clearence hooks for my sons tackle box . most were $1 .75 or .50 and was $2 or more. got 10-15 packs.

14. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Dang,readin these posts you guys are going to make me go to wal-mart and spend all my $$ now thanx a lot lol..

15. MikeonWabash

MikeonWabash New Member

State:
    Grayville, Illinois
    I walk through the fishing department everytime I go to walmart and look for the red tags. Found lots of good buys. Last year around Christmas, I found 6500 c's marked down to $40.00, I bought 5 of them!!

16. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Just got back from Walmart. No fishing clearance items yet, but they had a load of hunting gear though. :cool2:

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Kevin, I think they are doing that all around the country!!!! There were actually some ppl here in a local town called Seguin that were picketing for quite some time cuz they were doing away w/ the crafts dept. They actually got them to keep it. Almost the whole town was there & said they wouldn't shop there anymore if they did away w/it!!! Our local one got turned into a super, and they did away w/it altogether.

18. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va

Big Dav, Could you please tell me where is the walmart that had the stuff marked down. The one here has one type of line marked down like 1.50 and thats it.

Thanks

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i got 4 $19.96 pairs of camo pants a couple weeks back for $5 each and a mossy oak long sleeve sweat tee and matching pants for $4 each. got $110.00 worth for $30.03.

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    PRETTY GOOD DEALS DAVE I DID IT LAST YEAR ALSO