wakie & Kaw..

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by channelin, May 19, 2009.

1. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    Fished the mouth of the kaw via the wakie tonight after work, caught a soft shell turtle:big_smile: and had a couple decent bites. But it was a great night to be on the water in the boat!:wink:

2. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Josh,
    Welcome to the BOC! I live in Eudora if you want to hit the river together sometime just let me know! :big_smile:

3. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    Might have to take you up on that! Im just not to familar with boating on the river so still trying to get a feel for it and find the fish!

4. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    thats good to hear Teri and I have been wanting to learn the Kaw, we were hoping to get on it soon. we just got our boat ready to go last week. were wating for the rain to settle. Welcome to the BOC

5. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The Wakie looks like it should hold some good Flattie's with all the down timber I saw on it last year.

Welcome to the BOC!!!

6. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Yeah Kevin we hit almost all those logs. I don't know if my ole boat can take another trip like that.It took me 2 weeks to get everything operational again.Maybe this time we'll go east from the launch HA HA:eek:oooh::wink::confused2::big_smile:

7. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    hahaha going the wrong direction. LOL I know the river is around here somewhere...... :eek:oooh:

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I don't have a boat just bank fish. But I do have alot of experience on the river just not out of a boat. Once you get 10 post then I can send you a private message.

9. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

its a good spot the whole area is really