WAKE-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Tennessee forum was hot before they made the change, where is everyone? Does someone have BO or something or is all just catching up on rest? I have been seeing the same people post on here latley and then the thread just sits there. Poor ole Festus has started several and maybe a few replied and then its dead in the water. I have not seen many reports at all. Come on Tennessee brothers lets get it going! I just put up 35 nice skippies in the freezer, I used my hillbilly vacum food saver. I put three to four in a two gallon freezer bag and stuck the nozzle to my shop vac in the corner....LOL

WAKE-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Yea ok I'll be the first to say I've been slacking here, been fixing my boat up, and taking the kids shore fishing. We get into nice sized crappies on float minnow combo fishing near the bottom, skippies have been slow but when they show they have been big and fun, the wife went back to work so my free time has been doing the Um ehmm dishes laundry and such, (head held down in Shame) so I only get to fish about once a week.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Yea I been slacking to. I have been taking a wall out in the house and been pretty busy with that.

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I been slacking for 2 years now. Every time I think I am going to get to go I have a set back. Got my chest vulcanized and no new leaks there. Ribs still floating around and causing a lot of pain but as soon as this weather warms up where I can stand to get out I am going to try it. If I get that world record out there guess I will have to call festus to help land him.

5. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Just waiting for my crop to come in since the river is muddy enough to plow and plant it.

6. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Went the other day..Just did not have anything to report. No bites or anything..Fished 2hrs in the am on the bank and 4hrs in the afternoon. Need to get my boat back out to get mobile and hit up near the plant and out in the channel.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The wife cooked up some good catfish and hush puppies today kinda took the drewerness out of the day. I think we are down to our last 20# of fish in the frezer so I can see a trip coming pretty soon.

8. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Sounds tasty, hoping to get to go out with you soon bubbakat.

9. festus

festus New Member

There's just not that many people fishing at the places I've been going lately. And what few are there aren't doing very well. I've noticed there's a few more folks on here from East TN now. I don't think I've caught but one or two catfish over the whole winter and they probably weren't even 12" long.

10. festus

festus New Member

Frank, I'm definitely going to fish around the Little Emory and Big Emory around Walker Landing and Woods Chapel more this year. It's only a 15 minute drive and has always been great fishing. Might see you down there if you're able to go. The last time I was down there was about 1-1/2 weeks ago and it was frozen solid.

I haven't seen Les or Catman AJ lately.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  11. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It ain't gonna be much longer Pondwater.

12. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Sorry I dont hang out with you guys more often mostly down on the GA side,,
    However I do most of my fishing around Chatt on the TN river,,,
    You might have seen this already if so sorry for the repeat but for thoses of you that havent,,

I got out Wed morning really early before the storms came in and wore them out,,,
    caught about 35 fish "about I dont count" with the biggest being this 50Lb'er,,, also a 25, 22, 21,12, and the rest where between 6-10,,,, put me in second place on the fish off, but stumpjumper bumped me out this weekend but it not over yet...
    Was a really great first cat trip for the year...Oh , I was solo and got rained off the water areound 11:00
    Puddle

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  13. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    s sssssssshhhhhhhhhh I am grumpy when I get woke up before I am ready. Have some new responsibilitys that has been keeping me busy

14. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Now Buck you ain't been on another mooning spree again have you.:fingers-crossed:

15. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mooning wood be a lot easier than what I have been doing.

16. Catman50plus

Catman50plus New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Awake here, but have been covered up in the shop. I have been blessed with work since deer season is close, and everyone wants their rifles cleaned and ready to be stored till next year. My daughter and myself have been wound up like an 8 day clock with no way to unwind since we found this site. When it warms we will be out in full force. We have been changing line, checking things out, getting ready.......... Last night we caught Doug catching some fish and it was on again. Oh, and I did my part last week with the local bass club, and I used someone elses words, that there were only 2 kinds of fish. You know how that went over with them, but I did tell them also that I am glad for all the bass, that my Flatheads have to have something to eat too.............. Anyway, we will try to do better and hope to have a report from West Tn soon.

17. festus

festus New Member

Welcome Tommy, we can use all the Tennesseeans we can get no matter what part of the state you're from.

18. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Yeah, I have been busy too, have not had anything to add, so when I look on here, don't say much. Am looking forward to doing more fishing this year. Catfish, bass & trout, it's all good with me. Have not fished much the last 2 years due to my son being in a very bad accident and have been busy helping him in recovery. He always fished with me and it just has not felt right for me to go without him. Hopefully he will be able to go this year, I have gone some lately cause I just could not stand it any longer. Hope to be able to go once or twice a week this year like I am used to going. And I hope to meet some of you guys out here who have alot more experience than me catching cats on a reel. On a trot, I feel pretty capable, but I hope to experinece having a 50 pounder on a reel this year. Can't wait.

19. WattsBarCatfisher

WattsBarCatfisher New Member

State:
    Kingston T
    Went out fishing for a bit today but lake lvl is way up and didnt get a bite.... might go again befor the weather goes crazy

20. festus

festus New Member

Yep, it's hard enough to catch them in cold water, but even more difficult when the water is high and muddy. We're supposed to get 2" to 4" of snow in a day or two. Salt trucks have already ran up here.