Wake Up South Carolina Catmen!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by tony, Mar 26, 2006.

1. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    the weather is suppose to break and be gettin nicer this week!! who's going this week??? plus the time changes also which means longer days and great evenings for cattin!!! lets go boys!! lets show them all how we do it here in South Carolina!!! Fish on!!! good cattin to all!!!!

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Been awake, actually never stopped except for a few weeks during deer season in October and November.

I had my best trip ever on Wylie Friday night with 19 fish total and the five biggest coming in at 42 pounds.

3. tfish442003

tfish442003 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    went yesterday didnt get any but going again a evening or two this week lord willing.i am starting to learn more about the lake we are fishing the more we go the more we learn.so hopefully that will get us some fish soon.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Water temps have risen several degrees since last week's cold snap, showing ~60 right now in lake marion...things will get moving again now. Look for the cats to be back in the shallows this week.
    Terry, what areas do you fish? Do you live near the lakes?

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I want to fish tomorrow at Wateree but they are calling for winds between 20-30 mph so I'm not so sure I will try.

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Had a good trip to Marion Friday. ended up with 12 blues with the smallest coming in at 13 lbs.Wife caught two over 20 lbs........not gonna live that down for a while. Cut bream seemed to be the ticket,fished shallow, all were caught in less than 6 ft. of water. Missed quite a few fish due to hanging up on the bite. Did see one 56 lb flathead come in from Moultrie, guys said it was the only bite they had and they caught it in 40 ft. of water. Water temp was about 59 in lower Marion and about 62 in upper end.:)

7. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    thanks for the post Ken...good info. I'll be trying my luck in a few weeks in Moutrie.

8. tfish442003

tfish442003 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I live 12 miles from lake monticello but i havnt learned the lake yet. I grew up fishing waterie.And i have fished santee a lot when i was younger.

9. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    I'm getting the pontoon back in shape - ready to roll out in the next couple weeks...Last couple times I went out I didn't catch much...I remember the days when I was fishing several times a week - I had the lakes figured out, however I have not kept up with trends, etc. so it will take a while to get back in the groove :D

10. tfish442003

tfish442003 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    went today caught 19 crappie out of my dads pond.Going back to monty tomorrow night Lord willing and the weather doesnt get to bad.Let yall know how i do.

11. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    tfish how did you do fishing?

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Went out this morning, caught seven, and I am heading out this evening for another swing. Last weekend was ok, but I think that front coming through messed things up. The two weekends before that were AWESOME!! We will see how the full moon affects things tonight.

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'm going as soon as I get over this dang sinus trouble.

14. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    The bite was on this morning. From 7:30am-10:30am things were jumping. Around 10:30 the bite started to slow down a lot. It may be the heat, or it could be the traffic. Who knows. No big fish, but they were all 2-5 pounds. I ended up with a total of 25, all released BTW, before I turned the lake over to the jet skis for the afternoon.

15. big "E"

big "E" New Member

State:
    SC
    Caught two blues friday night at Wateree that went 25lbs apiece.Those are my two biggest fish and I was glad to get 'em.Was fishing up the river towards cedar creek in a big hole in the channel.Rain chased us off the lake at midnight before we could catch any more hogs.We also had 7-8 eaters that went between 2-7 lbs.Never knew Wateree had so many big cats.

16. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anybody know how things turned out for the catfish tournament at Poplar Creek this past weekend ? I know the fish were biting hard on that end of Marion thursday and friday.:)

17. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I hope to do a little cattin next week but I'm not sure where just yet. I'm leaning towards Broad River here in Cherokee County, channel cats should be biting pretty good at the river.

18. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'm still here but haven't been fishing in weeks. Has anybody been lately?

19. JamisonM

JamisonM New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went a few days ago in peters creek. Only caught a few small ones and a few bream. I'm hoping to go again later this week.

20. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I might get to go this coming week but I won't get my hopes up just yet.