Wake up people!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by riverrat85, Aug 22, 2007.

1. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    now you mean to tell me ...i have been gone for a week, layin on a sandy beach in florida, catchin grouper and schnuk(sp) wishin i was back at home in sweet sweet illinois and i come home to see that this board has gone into hybernation?:confused2::wink:eek:h okay just checking. just wanted to tell you all i caught fish out of the ocean. they werent nothing like our big kitty kats but it was fun. i showed the locals pics of that flathead we caught and they want to come fish illinois now. cool huh. id rather fish here than florida anyday. yeah it was colder in florida than illinois imagine that. goin south to escape the heat.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome back.......... them snook will definately tear up some gear tho. still nuttin like a big ol cat rippen the drag. Wish ya would have brought some rain back with ya.

3. DetectDave

DetectDave New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went out for snook and cobia one time w/ a guide that was a cousin of one of my best friends. After a bone jarring ride, we started fishing for them along the mangroves. tneguide kept chumming by bouncing shrimp off the bow of the flats boat . About evry 3rd one would bounce off my melon. Trying to be nice, I didn't say a word for about 5 mins. Finally, I had enough and turned around. He had a big s%#@ eating grin on his face and his smile told me he was just seeing how much of those errant shots I would take before I barked. He put us on some good fish and some butt kicking mangrove snappers. Had a blast.

4. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.

fishnfwl where you are buddy? we have had about 6 inches of rain here in Peru sence Friday.... Wish I could send you some rain.:wink: :big_smile:

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hey gary hows the weather? seen some rain in your vacinity last eve too.

6. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    paul
    awesome to hear from ya bud. Florida is a beautiful state. Denise went with me and she had a blast as well. she caught a real nice grouper. we went down to visit her brother because he just recently became a daddy so aunt denise had to see her. glad to see you been slayin them flats. where on the kasky where ya?? i am havin withdrawls because i havent been cattin since i caught them big blues a couple of weeks ago. with the rain comin in this weekend it should get the cats a bitin on the kasky. been real busy lately with hunting season right around the corner. i got lots of work to do on the duck blind and only 3 months till season! i got hundreds of decoys to re-rig and 3 months is just not enough time. hopefully i will get to do some cattin this weekend because september 1st is next saturday and that means ill be sittin in a hot muggy cut cornfield with my chocolate lab slayin doves and the next weekend is early teal season so i'll be on the river with a shotgun on one side and a catpole stickin out the back of the boat lol

7. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    oh yeah congrats on the 22 lb blue. what are the odds i beat my pb blue of 18lbs and then you top me not shortly after. awesome!

8. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    yeah but you got me way beat on that flat buddie...

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Down here by VAN, North side of 70 haven't seen rain for solong not sure if I REMEMBER it, yard is so dry and cracked I GOTTA put snow shoes on the dogs so they don't get stuck in them :wink:

10. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Jeremy; we are flooded here in Peru. Storm came through yester afternoo and night, and left 4 inches of rain; some limbs down; tiped over the table on the deck; and knocked down a few of my tomato plants. Chicago and points east of us got it worse. The Fox River is above flood stage and the Illinois is rolling fast also. Other than that every thing is great! :big_smile_2:

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    gary glad to see you posting again..
    how have you been doin?

12. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    would gladly send some rain your way if i could:wink:

havent had much time to fish with work and all the rain
    the illinois is up to 15 ft here in peoria area

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya that looked like a mess up there. seen some video on the news on dekalb. the golf course was under water.:eek:oooh: