Wake up Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by r ward, Sep 13, 2007.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    We are the home state of our founder Paul Louderbeck and we do not participate in the forums and such nor do we have the membership that the other states do I know each Ga member knows other people who like catfishing and I for one intend to enlarge our membership in Ga but I can not do it all by myself so lets all pull together and make this become a large membership state Also I intend to be more active in the different forums . If you know of someone who is interested in joining but on the fence have them come to a gathering . Also there will be a International Gathering in 08 I was at the last national at Kenlake and me and my son was all there was from Ga except for Paul lets make our presence felt at the next one

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I agree with you Richard. I would love to see more activity on the GA board and more members would definitely help. I've only been here a little over a month and I love the website. I've actually been posting on a lot of different forums and threads since I've been here and I'll try to keep it up. I read about the GA meeting at the end of the month but I can't make it(wish I could). We just need to spread the word(maybe put a small add about BOC in GON). Good luck fishin' everybody.

3. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'm here!! Yeah come on. :roll_eyes:. I know what your sayin though. I do know alot of folks that catfish, but I know alot who don't give two shakes of s@#t about a computer also. Most of them have thier fishin buddies and are set in their ways. I wish I could bring in more myself but the country boys around my house are happy with a pole and a beer. Most of them wouldn't even know how to turn on a computer:smile2:.

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    My plan is to someday soon make my address off I 85. For the past 7 years I have vacationed in GA. I love it down there. If I can make the jump to your state I know I would have a lot of things to post about. Alot of those beer drinking rod holding anglers don't know what they're missing on here.:sad2:

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    georgia the whole day threw, just an old sweet song keeps georgia on my mind:cool2:

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Matt I understand and believe me I can relate cause this is about all I can do on here but we got to try

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Is it true they are starting to get some good flatheads above west point in the hooch in the Franklin area? Anybody fish the Coosa lately?

8. Roll Tide Roll

Roll Tide Roll New Member

State:
    Georgia
    New member here, Acworth area. will fish any and every weekend I can. Looking for a partner to hit the coosa in Rome, Brushy Branch, Mayo Lock and Damn. No boat yet, but looking in about 3 months for a decent cat fishing river boat.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well Rich Im new to the state and in my area catfishing just aint that popular :sad2: Although Klag frequents the same haunts I do. Ive gotten as much referals as I can so far but I will keep trying and be sure to keep a look out for me at the west point gathering:wink:

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Scott, last time I fished the coosa we went out of brushy. We did alright and got a few flatheads. I tried late last month and couldn't even lauch it was so low. I want to hit it again here soon after the Santee tournament. Have you fished it lately?

11. Roll Tide Roll

Roll Tide Roll New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Only place I have tried has been the lock and damn. I need directions to brushy branch.

Wife caught a baby blue of about 8 inches (if that) on a cricket.

I like to hit one place on Saturday with a cage full of crickets, catch about 30 3-6 inch bream, then use them as live or cut bait.

If anybody is willing to take me out on their boat I would gladly split cost of gas. Or can anyone tell me of some pull offs and such between Rome and the Bama line so I can catch the big ones?

:cool2:

12. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    flats and blues on west point check out my post thats comming to day :smile2::tounge_out::smile2: