Wake up everyone

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Jan 30, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Ok where is everyone ?It is time to wake up and get ready for this year of fishing ,no one has been posting latley

2. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Hey Robert,

I'm awake! I have just been reading all the posts that I can in preparation for this years fishing season. I'm looking forward to getting out and doing some fishing. Too cold right now thought, wind chill about -15! I like to fish, but I'm not THAT dedicated.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I am awake too. But even I think it is too cold today. If it will get up in the upper 30s and not real windy I am out of here. But it sounds like it may be a while. Guess we just have to talk about it for a week or so. Did they ever do anything to the ramp a Parkville. I havent been there for about 10 years but last I saw it you couldnt put in unless the river was up pretty good?

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    to go fishin.I'm like BOb & Terry I like to fish but I'm not nuts to get out in any 8 below wind chill.Thanks but no Thanks. Just keep reading the BOC POsts and wishin May would hurry up and get here.Any one brave enough to go out in this JUST BE CAREFUL ,don't want to be hearing about you on the evening news. GOD BLESS AND STAY SAFE!!

5. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Bob,

The ramp at Parkville is still in bad shape. I wouldn't attempt to launch my boat there. I have heard that the City of Parkville acquired some new land and was thinking about building a new ramp facility. True or false who knows. Even if they did its hard telling when it would be ready for public use.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Was outside at 0500 this morning. I'm wide awake!!

7. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    J C,

You need to check and see if any of your body parts are frozen. I've been out several times today and about froze getting fuel. I was going to say getting gas - but everyone that know me will tell you that gas comes free!

8. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    J. C.

That's a nice looking kitty that you are holding. Did it come from one of the local lakes or out of the MO? Just curious!

9. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Terry, that is a LOZ blue. Caught on a guided trip. My pb so far.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I'm asleep, wake me up when it gets in the 70's.

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Been down in Florida,suffering.Dang skin all sunburnt and peeling,having to run the A.C. all the time...dern sand all in the car....eating and drinking too much...fingers all cut up from lipping fish.....its horrible,I tell ya.Can't wait to get back to Mo.:big_smile: :big_smile:
    Yeah,right.:cool2:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now THERES a big surprise. :big_smile: :big_smile:

13. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I'm awake. I looked at the boat through the window; looked at the outdoor thermometer--7. Took the trash out. That was enough outdoor activity for today!

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I dont think I'd hold my breath for a pity party there Mr Cook. :tounge_out:

15. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Brrr... this cold weather makes it tough to even think much about getting out. I've been out twice this year so far and have one whopping 7 lb Blue to show for it, LOL.

Maybe that is an indication that this will be a better year than '06. Last year my first fish of the year was a 5 lb Channel :big_smile:

They're calling for a few inches of snow tonight, which will be our first for the winter if it comes to pass. My two kids have been itching for some snow. If it's going to be this cold, we might as well get a little snow to go with it :tounge_out:

16. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Ok, I'm up - I'm up. Now where is my coffee?! LOL :lol:
    I actually want to go fishing this week and see what I can come up with.

17. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Snowing here now. Everything is white again. HELP!!!

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You all keep it .I"ve still got ice on the ground from the last go around.Had enough for one winter .Maybe I'll take more snow about July:roll_eyes: .Hurry up SPRING!!

19. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I went out to the boat to get the batteries and put them on the charger. I just about froze to death in that little amount of time. I couldn't imagine throwing a net in this kind of weather. It would probably freeze up in mid air!!! LOL

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We got 2 inches here overnight. I am spending the day on the boat, however it just wont be floating. :big_smile: Using this downtime to regrease trailer bairings, troubleshoot some intermittent wiring gremlins, oil the Penns and put new line on all of them, modify my rear deck rod holder system, and put in two switches for the Lowrance/GPS. Its fun to work on the boat and get all the stuff done so when the weather breaks, CUZ is doin nothing but wrenching on lips. :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: