Wakarusa River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by River Outlaw, Mar 26, 2008.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    was out on the wakrusa today, no luck but a little hope. they just aint aggressive so just some small hits avary 15-20 min. enough to keep us there & keep us interested.

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    same here
    maybe after a good warm spell and a good rain they will start

3. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    The weather seems a little unsettled right now, but at the next turn of
    good weather things will certainly be more hopeful. With the rise of
    the water and the relative warmth of the rain I think things will start
    happening in the smaller lakes for sure. Channels first, I imagine. Well,
    enuff speculation for now. Let it rain!

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Like the old saying goes a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work, even though its more funner when you catch stuff, you will end up catching some.

5. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    where abouts did you go on the wakarusa?

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    we put in at the ramp at the south west end of clinton by elk creek marsh. that marsh has a marker on google earth. the driving directions are a bit much to type out. i will if needed though.

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    We seen the same light hits last Sunday.
    What i started doing was if they did'nt go on with it I would pull the bait about a foot and about 80% of the time they would then just slam it.
    It was like they would come up on the bait but then just set there but when they seen it move they would jump on it.
    Might try it next time they dont want to go on with it.

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    was at the Wakie today w/ Terry and finally caught somethin. its barely over a pound i think but at least it somethin. at this point i was beggin !! :smile2:

Terry got him a 2 lb.er for his first of the year. he says now he finally has a pic for his avatar. :smile2:

i think we may just eat em tonight too.

9. Sledge Hammer

Sledge Hammer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    got me a 2.11 lb channel today out on the Wakarusa. first of the year.

Attached Files:

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Much better than nothing! I went to the Little Arkansas twice today and only got a few bites.They are still peckin at it.Hopefully they are full force by the time Osage comes around.

11. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    PRAISE BE----J.J. caught a cat!!! You were startin' to sound a little down, my brother. Too bad it wasn't while you were squirin' n' courtin'!!!

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i know !! rest assured, i called and the size of the fish grew over the phone too !! :wink::smile2:

13. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Atta Boy!! THORR is back!!

14. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Nice fish terry. That fish is 2.11 pounds heavier than any cats I've caught this year. :smile2: Hope to change that this weekend though. I bet he was tasty.

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    well, i wish we could say it was tasty. we had it and another smaller channel in a little live well to hold em overnight because i didnt feel like cleanin em right then. they didnt make it. the container was tipped over and Terry's fish was gone and so was mine. we think it was the damn cats that keep commin round. :angry:

16. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I love cats---they taste like chicken!!

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Lucky ( Catfish Lucky ) just called, he just got off the Wakie and got him an 8-10 lb flatty. didnt have a scale cuz its in my bucket :smile2: so he couldn't weigh it.

18. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Me and a friend were out on the Wakarusa River this weekend. Well, Saturday we couldn't find the ramp so we were on Rock Creek... but Sunday night and Monday we were out there. It was our first time, and we really liked the river. We were going for flatties with live bluegill and green sunfish, but didn't end up catching any. We did catch a bunch of channels 2-5 pounds. We couldn't believe how agressive those channels were and we have never had them go for live bluegill. I even had a few of them make my clicker scream for like 2 seconds. Anyway, didn't catch any flatties (even though I know they have to be in there) but we had a blast, rain and all!

19. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll give ya directions to the ramp we use if ya tell me where yer commin from or i can just tell ya where the ramp is. whichever ya want.

20. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas