waiting on warm up

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by poisonpits, Jan 7, 2010.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    the new lease im on has an over flow of hogs and im a gonna get a few.they have hit my corn 3 days in a row now and today im setting up my trail camera to see when they coming in.here in arkansas they are concidered a trash animal and we can hunt them day or night and with any caliber wepon all year.

2. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    you are lucky i can hunt in day light only

3. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    In Florida where I lived a train Derailed behind my Mom and Dads house and it was hauling feed corn. 18 cars of corn hit the ground. The pigs were damaging the tracks and bedding under them digging through the corn. The rail company hired us, paid us by the hour, paid for all of our shells and paid us per pig to eliminate them. We also got to clean up the corn in the ditches and on the ground around the tracks. We would clean up corn all day and sell it for $5 for 55 gallons and then shoot pigs all night. We were making a KILLING! We could make $2-300 a day EASY. We were loading corn with a front end loader and it took about 6 months to get the pigs under control!

4. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    sounds like a dream job..

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    went to lease today and picked up the picks from my trail cam.had a slew of coons some foxs some deer and 4 hogs 1 big boar and a pregnant sow and 2 40 to 50 lb shoats.soon as i can im going to try for one of the shoats i know they aint very big but should be good eating.

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    ive never hog hunted but i think it would be a lot of fun.

7. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    OOhwee Kip, that had to be a blast...gettin paid to have fun

8. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    I've never been pig huntin either. I would love to go boar huntin with my bow

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey johnny the bigguns are damn fine eating as well. boars too. only bad wild hog i've ever tasted was eating those winterkilled calves folks leave in the bar ditch.