Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Banned
1,183 Posts
Actually, if you distrust someone, it doesn't matter if they have pics or not. Anyone can or knows someone who has photoshop, the image can be created, where you can't tell anyways.
I have no fish in my album, I don't put fish in my album, and I don't post pics of me or my fish on here (the exception was that 9 pounder). Just a personal thing I suppose. Even though my son has lost all my pics of hunting, except my African ones, and fishing. Heck, I do not even have the pics of Vinny and me last year, or any before that. The only pics I have at all is of my sons 12 pounder, last year, and my 9 pounder, and another that I caught at Granite Reef. I do happen to go out with two other guys that are not on here either, but rarely will I report my successes, unless a yahoo is there. Even then I won't post pics generally, and some expect pics, which is why I don't post them.
I don't go braggin about all the fish I catch though, or have caught. I showed Jason Humble and Terry Lewis at the Gila river of a fish I caught this year, which would be the biggest fish of the yahoo club, that I haven't shared that with anyone else, and I think it is a nice fish. It was actually caught at Granite reef this year. I always tell everyone my PB is 7.5987098457 pounds. My closest friends know exactly what my PB is, and where it was caught. I give everyone teh benefit of the doubt, until they prove they are a BSer. I dont report some of my success, because There are some spots that people from off the BOC have shown me, and I won't take anyone into them.
Garret, this is in now way aimed at you brother. This is addressing an issue last year when someone was blasting someone else, calling them a liar, then of course it happened to me also, and it pissed me off.

· Registered
5,868 Posts
Well no body catches a bigger fish then I do on my boat, just ask GwillE (except Snagged2 and my wife )and we always catch something .maybe not a Flathead but something !

· Banned
2,337 Posts
Well no body catches a bigger fish then I do on my boat, just ask GwillE (except Snagged2 and my wife )and we always catch something .maybe not a Flathead but something !
Man I thought I had you beat with the one I caught in the morning then you pulled another right after that...ughh

· Banned
2,337 Posts
Actually, if you distrust someone, it doesn't matter if they have pics or not. Anyone can or knows someone who has photoshop, the image can be created, where you can't tell anyways.
I have no fish in my album, I don't put fish in my album, and I don't post pics of me or my fish on here (the exception was that 9 pounder). Just a personal thing I suppose. Even though my son has lost all my pics of hunting, except my African ones, and fishing. Heck, I do not even have the pics of Vinny and me last year, or any before that. The only pics I have at all is of my sons 12 pounder, last year, and my 9 pounder, and another that I caught at Granite Reef. I do happen to go out with two other guys that are not on here either, but rarely will I report my successes, unless a yahoo is there. Even then I won't post pics generally, and some expect pics, which is why I don't post them.
I don't go braggin about all the fish I catch though, or have caught. I showed Jason Humble and Terry Lewis at the Gila river of a fish I caught this year, which would be the biggest fish of the yahoo club, that I haven't shared that with anyone else, and I think it is a nice fish. It was actually caught at Granite reef this year. I always tell everyone my PB is 7.5987098457 pounds. My closest friends know exactly what my PB is, and where it was caught. I give everyone teh benefit of the doubt, until they prove they are a BSer. I dont report some of my success, because There are some spots that people from off the BOC have shown me, and I won't take anyone into them.
Garret, this is in now way aimed at you brother. This is addressing an issue last year when someone was blasting someone else, calling them a liar, then of course it happened to me also, and it pissed me off.
mert used to post his pics until people started jumping on his case for keeping his catch. I personally would like to see proof from anyone that says they caught a fish that big. And I think alot of the new guys would like to see that are waters are capable of producing such a giant! Cameras are evrywhere these days. there is really no reason not to provide a visual. Take a pic and post it! get a good pat on the back! feed our ego's Isn't that one of the reasons were all on this site?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mert used to post his pics until people started jumping on his case for keeping his catch. I personally would like to see proof from anyone that says they caught a fish that big. And I think alot of the new guys would like to see that are waters are capable of producing such a giant! Cameras are evrywhere these days. there is really no reason not to provide a visual. Take a pic and post it! get a good pat on the back! feed our ego's Isn't that one of the reasons were all on this site?
I ever catch that big u will sure see it posted here and even on AZGov and place of catch will be Pleasnt lake off damn on the muddy water side on meal worms...

· Registered
367 Posts
Well Ill say last week I caught my biggest bass ever and I never said a word because alot of people will give me crap about "hey bass man" it gets tiring...I am a fishermen not no damn strait catfisherman! I know alot of guys on here that fish for other fish then catfish. Rob fishes for trout and even posted pix and he didnt get no crap! Oh and when I caught my biggest bass I didnt have a camera on me only my phone but it was dead... but i know I caught the fish and if nobody else believes me ok thats fine.
Did Mert ever say he had a pic of the 67lber? What if it was 10 years ago when cameras where not everywhere?
Come on newbies still sign up just dont tell everyone your pb if you dont have a pic so you dont have to go threw this crap....lmao
This is my opinion alot of people have been ran off of here because everyone has the prove it attitude but there are some out there like me that will say congrats thats a toad without a pic!
So congrats Mert on ur 67lber!
Sorry if some people get mad for this post but it needed to be brought up by someone!
Oh and the bass was 12lbs 8oz!

· Registered
367 Posts
'
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT I never bashed on those "mudsuckers" LoL.
Lmao I fish for catfish and I call them "mudsuckers" and I fish for bass and like Brian I call then "green carp" I fish for trout and I call them "puss fish" I fish for carp I call them "poop suckers" I fish for talapia and they are "football fish" and last but not least I fish for bluegill/sunfish and I call them "bait!".........lol

· Registered
367 Posts
I'm not calling anyone out thats for sure... Im just sick of the bass man crap I fished for bass all my life until last year and since I have been targeting flatheads I have only bass fished 2 times. I used to bass fish 5 times a week... 1 time a week at rosie and the rest at canyon... I have flatheaded so many times with no fish but I just enjoy being out there and shooting the shit. I always go catch bass to eat thats the only fish I eat sorry everyone has different taste buds...lmao

We need another gathering at Bartlett or Rosie everyone needs to get off of here and get all our lines wet and shoot the bull!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.