Waiting for the Spring

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by keyskevin, Jan 25, 2008.

1. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I'm new to Catfishing in Wisconsin.I live in Milwaukee,and I'm looking for good places to catch Channels,Flatheads,and especially Big Blues in Southeastern Wisconsin.If anyone has any suggestions,I would appreciate it.:cool2:

2. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    i've never been down to the milwaukee area to do any catfishing. but i do know there are some cats in the fox river down there. another good one would be to run out west to the rock river, pretty much half way between milwaukee and madison. both have flatties and channels. as far as blues go.....there aren't any in wisconsin...according to the state biologists. i tend to believe them over the local guys that say they had caught one. most of the locals would be hard pressed to tell a channel from a blue if they were sittin' side by side i think. it's too cold up here for those blues. but if you went out to the sippi around quad cities or something you might find some. i spend most of my time up in the fox valley area around green bay and appleton but i'm hoping to take a little trip or two this summer to someplace different.

3. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I just wanted to say thanks for the info.Although I've lived in Milwaukee for some years, I'm just getting back into fishing .I hope to see ya around.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    welcome to the BOC from Colorado........