Waiting for Cuz

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Kutter, May 24, 2006.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Still waiting to hear from Cuz on when he can go fishing. I'm back from Washington. I think he's afraid I'll bring banana's aboard his new boat. Ok, Cuz, here's the deal. What if I promise not to bring any fruit that grows on tree's?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I'll come if you can show me how to use that castnet again Kutter. I want you to use it just like little brother showed ya. LMAO

Need a bottle of wine also, hehehe.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It would take too much wine to get me to throw that net Little Brothers way. Although, beer or even coffee would help in setting it up for the throw. LOL

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Wait NO MORE Kutter. I got the boat last week. We'll have to go fishing soon, and you can go if you promise no banannas. I'm in New York and have to fly for four days. I'll be on Kentucky Lake June 1-5th, then I'll be at home the 6th through the 15th and will most likely hit the river. Well catch up then. Gotta go. Glad you made it home safely.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Let's see, what day can I go between the 6th and the 15th? Hmmm.
    Available day or night:
    6th
    8th
    9th
    11th
    12th
    13th
    14th early only

vacation again that week, LOL
    Wifes birthday is the 7th, so that's out.
    Family Reunion on the 10th, so that's out.
    Back to work on the 15th.
    Don't worry, another vacation in July awaiting.

One of the advantages of being old is a good chance of having lot's of vacations.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    What more do you want than the above?

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cuz u better give me a holler next time your up my way and Im actually home. I wanna check out that new boat and take a ride in it if you dont care. I was at the dealer the other day checkin em out and gettin prices. Seriously thinking about it but would have to find someone to buy my boat now since they wont trade it in since its too new. What all did you order on yours?

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Rob. So far I'm absolutely thrilled with the boat. I can just plow through barge wakes now and even keep my teeth in my head. The boat rides so much better than my last one. Its like going from a Humvee to a Cadillac. Its amazing how nice it runs into a nasty chop. I'm really, really happy with the ride thats for sure. Were still working out some prop issues, as the prop they put on is to large in my opinion and I'm only getting about 5000 RPM and 50 miles an hour. I should be able to get 6000 and around 58 or so. As for the boat, I got the basic Big Daddy, painted in Toffee. I had a 225 Yamaha 4 stroke on it, and I got the dual console so my partners dont freeze their a$$es off. (Your Welcome Kutter) I also had them put on a 80 Horse Minn Kota Trolling Motor. All the extras I purchased separately and had the dealer install them.(its alot cheaper that way) I got a Uniden 525 VHF Radio with 4 foot Galaxy Antenna, a CD FM/AM stereo with 2 speakers, The extra Bow Step storage box, a Lowrance LCX 25C GPS/SONAR fish finder, Two extra cushion seats for the console storage areas, two extra pedestal seat mounts, and two full bench seats for the console positions. I'm currently rigging the rod rack on the back of the boat myself and have engineered a neat system out of galvanized 3/4 inch pipe, painted to match the boat. I'll have 6 Scotty Striker Rod Holders mounted back there. As well, I'm thinking of adding some triple cabelas quick draw holders to the gunwales in front of the consoles. Heres a bonus, I put everything I remotely own in the boat, and still have two compartments empty. Guess I'll have to go buy some more stuff. HaHa. I'll keep that comment from the wife. I'll look you up when I get back from Kentucky Lake. I'll be fishing with Kutter some, but I'd love to get up to Alton Also. We can talk more about the boat then. Sounds like Kutter has some fishing time available. Maybe you can bring me some luck. I spent 22 hours on the river the other day, and have nothing but Dinks to show for it. I did have one real nice run on a large bait at 3 in the morning, but Cuz was asleep in the floorboard of my Big Daddy nestled comfortably on my sleeping bag and didnt get a good hookset. He felt like a 30-40, but never got to see him. I think the Big Blues are busy with the spawn right now and arnt biting very good. The water temp made it into the 70's, and thats prime temp for the spawn to start. If they are indeed spawning, I expect the Big Blue Cats to have lock jaw for the next month or so. Guess well find out together when I get back in town. No flatheads yet. I imagine they will explode when that water hits the upper 70's. See Yall soon.

9. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Hey John, congrats on the new boat. Sure sounds like a nice ride.

Now John, I've seen a number of things in my lifetime but I've NEVER seen an 80 HP Minn Kota, LOL :eek:oooh: Sounds like I might need to get one of those and use my 60HP Mercury as a trolling motor!!

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea Jon sounds nice if I ride in it I may have to buy one!:tounge_out: Sounds sweet! I gotta get home and do some more shopping. I have the same 80lb trolling motor and that sucker screams I tell ya! It does good. Ive got the auto pilot on there and it is great for driftin. Where did you end up buying it at what dealer?

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I got it from Sean up at Cooks in Troy. I think you bought your boat there Rob. I didnt get the auto pilot on my trolling motor. Maybe I should have. I'll look you up when I get back in town. Thx for the nice comments Shane, and others. I fee very very fortunate, and lucky to be able to have something like that. Now, If Kutter will keep those banannas away, life will be good. LOL.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    The 6th is out also, got some health tests going that day.

Come on Cuz, let me know.

13. CATCANDO

CATCANDO New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cuz,

Could you give me details of your rod rack. I Just picked up my new Seaark 20 ft River cat a week ago and I am debating on what to do for a rod rack on the back. I have a fishing buddy that can weld and fab it but I need some Ideas. I had my boat outfitted much like yours 80 lb trolling motor alomst the same fishfinder but I got the center console. I also got 2 extra mounting plates but I think I will send them back I can't find a good place to put them.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: HOW ABOUT SOME PICS OF THESE GOOD LOOKIN BOATS. SHAWN PUT ON A CAT TOURN LAST YEAR UP HERE IN LOUISIANA. NEED TO SEE HIM TO SEE IF HE IS THIS YEAR. HE GAVE AWAY AN 18 FT JON B
    OAT AND TRAILER LAST YEAR FOR FRIST PLACE PRIZE. NO MOTOR.
    WHAT THE HECK I'D BEEN HAPPY TO OF WON THE BOAT.

15. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Hope you men have fun fishing in the new boat.. Be safe.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Kutter, was great to see you and do some fishing. Nice to meet your son Will as well. I was watching him real in that Blue Cat and he was smiling from ear to ear the whole time he was reeling. Wish we could have caught more. MRR, photos of boat soon to follow. And for the the banannas, I watched Ol Kutter real close when he was tossing his gear in the boat, and deemed him bananna free. :big_smile: Good Luck to all, and Good Luck Fishing. I'll be glad when this spawn is over with. Cya on the River.:cool2:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh, MRR (John), Shaun is having the tournament again this year. Its Sunday August 20th. All you have to do is weigh in 1 fish and you are entered into the drawing for a 1860 SeaArk and trailer. As well its 750 bucks for first place. You can find an entry form on Cooks website. I'll be fishing that tourney myself. See You there. Cuz

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Appriciated the trip, Cuz. So did Will. First time he wasn't bored when fishing. Nice of you not to let everyone know I got skunked.

Makes me feel guilty about the below. LOL
    http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutother/banana

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Your quite welcome Tom (Kutter). You are welcome anytime, and so is Will. I'm attempting to attach some photos of the new rig so I hope they come out okay. I'm working with a new resizing program and there is somewhat of a learning curve for this Mo Redneck. Ross, I've included photos of the rod rack. Basically, its a 3/4 galvanized flange, 3/4 stand galv stand pipe, 3/4 to 1inch PVC reducing tee, and 1 inch PVC Schedule 40 for the rod holder mounts. The Galvanized support stand makes a more rigid support stand, and the 1 inch PVC makes for a lighter cross bar. So far, I'm pretty happy with it and you can get all of the above for around 25 bucks or so. I painted the whole stand to match. You can get the matching paint from your boat dealer. As for the boat, I'm absolutely tickled. I LOVE IT. It rides nice, has cavernous storage, and a ton of room which allows my two children lots of roaming room, but most importantly allows me and my fellow BOC members lots of fishing space. I feel very lucky to be able to have such a vessel. Good Luck to everyone fishing this spring. I wacked the Blues pretty good last night. Caught 6 fish between 10 and 15 pounds. The Bigger ones usually start biting 2 weeks after the young fish. Be Safe and God Bless. Cuz

Attached Files:

20. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    That's a good lookin boat cuz!