Waders

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Catmaster, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I usually dont use waders on account I think they are dangerous. I think they are dangerous because of the chance of falling and having the waders fill up with water. Anyways I was going to try a pair out and see how I like them. Does anyone have a brand or type that they would recomend I look for???

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What are you using the waders for hunting fishing or both?....I use Cabelas dryplus waders and love them because they are lightweight and very durable. Easy to move around in as well I would highly recommend them!

3. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I would like some to use for both

4. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have friends that use neoprene waders just because of the tight fit and the lessing of the chances of problems with filling them with water. I duck hunt and if I'm boating into an area I'll put my waders on when I get there just because of the possibility of them filling with water. The best advice I can give you is don't take any chances - if you're not familier with the water wear a life jacket!! If you're worried at how people will look at you in it then keep fishin' from the bank.:)

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I got a pair of neoprene waders last year and never even used them. Got them for a tube boat I have. Might have to use them for warmth it's cold down here in Texas right now...

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Lacrosse, Hodgeman or Cabela's brand waders are all very reliable and have great return policies if something should happen to them. God bless.

7. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    "Remington" Brand waders are also good neopreme waders. I think I gave about $30.00 for mine at a discount house? Also ALWAYS WEAR A WADER BELT with chest waders. The belt when worn snug like it should be stops them from filling up with water if you fall or decide to go swimming.:)

Frank